X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules/Guidelines

Rules and Guidelines to follow:

--------YOU WILL NEED-------
    - 1 layer cake (42 - 10 inch squares) OR 4 charm packs. You may also use 100% cotton yardage if you prefer. Plus a little extra fabric to make the extra block - You should have 21 blocks total due to having 21 members join this group
    - 3 1/4 yrds of white on white background fabric.

- To check in at least once a week to give an update of your progress and post pictures of your blocks.
    - To sign each block in the corner with your name, aka name, and where your live. For example mine will read Kay Derr aka:kderr
    Nebraska - This is a guideline.
    - To put your finished blocks in a large Ziploc bag/plastic bag. This will help protect your blocks in case your package is damaged.
    - To include your name and address in/on the bag along with if you have pets and if you are a smoker/non-smoker.
    - To let me know when you have mailed your blocks. Tracking numbers are great friends.

----I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN----
    - Your blocks have arrived and keep the group informed on whose blocks have been received.
    - I will sort and mail your 20 blocks back to you.

----------DEADLINES--------
    - Last day to join is August 15th.
    - Last day to mail your blocks is October 15th. You can find my address in my user notes. Please include return postage or your blocks will not be returned.

---------IFs--------
    - If you join this group please stay with it to completion. The others will be waiting for your blocks.
    - If for some reason you cannot follow thru please be considerate and private message me.
    - If you do not post to the group once in a while I will private message you to make sure you are still wanting to be a part of the group.
    - If my private messages are not answered in a timely manner I will consider you dropped out.

By joining the group you are committing to making the required number of blocks to swap.
    Last but not least lets make friends and have fun!!
    Kay
    aka: kderr

Thanks for taking on this block swap, Kay. I promise to abide by all the rules above.

If you need help with the coordination, please let me know. I would be more than happy to help out in any way I can.

I must note that since I am Canadian, I cannot send a return envelop with postage. However, to circumvent this, if you let me know the cost of mailing the blocks back to me, I will send you a money order for the full cost of postage.
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

I just joined this group, but want to be sure I am understanding how it works. I will make 20 blocks and mail 19. In the rules it says I will receive a block in return mail. I will receive 19 blocks back, not 1, am I correct?
      Also, will it only be done if there are 20 people in the group?

Comment

I just joined this group as well and am really excited. This is the first group I have participated in, as I am new to quilting, but love it so far! Are we to get two different Christmas themed fabrics and then the white on white yardage? I just wanted to clarify before I went shopping.
        Thanks so much!

I just saw the fabric requirements thread! Answered my own question already!

Comment

peggiep - Thanks for offering to help with coordination and no worries on the mailing. We will get that one figured out.

Nana2mandj - Yes you will receive 19 blocks back. I think we will still do the swap we are just hoping that we get 20 people wanting to do this swap. If we don't get 20 to sign up you may receive a couple block that are the same. I have corrected the rules. Please pass the word onto your quilting friends to join.

mizzoureed - I'm excited that you have decided to join this group. I too am new not to quilting but to hosting a swap group and I hope I do a good job and don't spoil your first time experience in joining swaps.

Comment

Okay I am in. I have been in these swaps before so I can add a few things I learned along the way.

1. May I suggest that we sign our blocks so we know who and where they came from. It is so nice to look back on this.

2. For our Canadian members, what I have done in the past is just send US money to the equivalent of what postage is to send to the moderator.

3. You could add a little note about yourself as well.

4. The most important note: HAVE FUN and DON'T STRESS. The biggest part is cutting all your pieces. Once you have that done, the assembly goes fairly quickly.

5. I will not in any shape or form judge the blocks you make. Don't ever feel that your "blocks are not good enough", trust me they are.

This will be so much fun.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Monique - Thank you for all your useful information. Signing the block is a great idea and I have done that before in swaps. It's fun to see all the different fabrics and where they came from. I will add this to the rules.

Comment

Hi everyone! Thanks for the invite
                I am back in - thank you Kay for hosting
                me loves Christmas fabrics all year round!
                NO Quilt Police - just love in fabric form
                Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                hugs, Suzi
                http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

pdjewelrylady - Thanks for joining us. You are number 11. Thanks for posting your pictures.

Comment

Holiday Prairie Flower block swap

About this Group

Using the tutorial Easy Prairie Flower Quilt with Jenny, we will create blocks using Christmas/Holiday/Winter prints.
                  You will be making 21 blocks, keeping 1 for yourself and sending 20 to share with the group.

Here is the link to the video we will be following in making the Prairie Flower Block
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUrrVx_L9jg&feature=youtu.be&list= PLD5EF21A981F69C28

Your blocks, according to the video, will turn out to be a 13” square this is incorrect. Your block will be approximately 14".

Join the group for more details.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 47
                  Comments: 246

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X