No announcement yet.

Fat Quarter Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you shopping for your Fat Quarters?

Just thought it would be fun to know where people love to shop! I have 2 or 3 quilt shops that have a wonderful selection of fat quarters. Sometimes I like to shop at Quilting Fabric, Quilt Fabric, Moda Fabrics, Quilt Kits, Online Quilting Fabrics & FREE Quilt Patterns | Fat Quarter Shop They have a fat quarter club I'm thinking of joining. Search results for: 'Fat quarter clubs' | Fat Quarter Shop Where's your favorite place to shop? Is it online or at a local shop?

What a difficult question- my favourite place to shop is anywhere they have good quality quilting fabric. Don't like the cheap cottons.
    Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

I realized after I posted it that it might be a hard question. I am like you however, I like good quality so I usually go to a quilt shop or order from a online quilt store. If I'm spending time to make a quilt I want to use quality cotton quilting fabric.

Comment

I have 3 LQS that are close, and other than MSQC, I like Fat quarter shop

Comment

You are so lucky to have 3 LQS. We have 2 where I live, but about 50 miles away there are several really nice ones. Most of them are so nice that if they don't have a fat quarter of something you want they will make one. We do have a JoAnn's here, but I don't buy quilt fabric there. I like http://shabbyfabrics.com and MS* and Quilting Fabric, Quilt Fabric, Moda Fabrics, Quilt Kits, Online Quilting Fabrics & FREE Quilt Patterns | Fat Quarter Shop. I've also found a few people on Etsy that I like. Oh and sometimes I like to shop on http://fabric.com and Green Fairy Quilts Homepage

Comment

Local quilt shop....actually it's the only one in my area. They have awesome fabrics there.
            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I have used many online shops, including MSQ, but my favorite LQS is "Quilts by the Oz" located in Moline IL and close to home. The first quilt shop I visited. I have bought from a quilt shop 50 miles away when the town has it Rhubarb Days, quality quilt fabric and yummy goodies. Can't pass that up. I have shopped in Springfield, MO, when there visiting family, and my #2 favorite "Susan's Calico Creations" located in Fulton, IL. We also have JoAnn' s and Hancock Fabrics.
              Beck

Comment

I think the quilt shops and MSQ have the better quality fat quarters. I have seen the fat quarters at Joann but you have to watch some are not as good as others.

Comment

I have 2 LQS that are about 20 minutes from my house (in opposite directions). I also have a Joanns and Hobby Lobby which are closer to other places I shop like Kroger and Walmart.
                  One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Comment

I love shopping for fabric, so don't have one location. I do like bargains, but only if it is a quality fabric. Exploring local shops, a favorite place in Maine where I always stop when visiting my Mom, online, if I see a place with fabric, I will stop and look (and usually buy)!!!!

Comment

I shop at my LQS, M*, Fabric Depot, and Fat Quarter Shop. Two quilting stores in the Spokane vicinity have closed recently which is sad. I prefer to shop locally and support the community economy, plus I can see and feel what I am buying.
                      Nancy

Comment

I went to St. George today and got my fat quarters. Oh my gosh, I love them, I hope the person who receives them will too!

Comment

There is a little quilt shop about 40 miles from me - she always has a nice selection of fat quarters, arranged in baskets by color group. Makes it easy to look through them

Comment

I am excited to answer this question. Usually I use MSQC or go to a local store in MO called Jackman's. But in going to buy my fat quarters for the swap we are doing, I found a NEW LQS just 5 minutes from my house. They are not new but just recently relocated to this location and I had not had the chance to go to the store yet. WELL....what better reason to go see them, than to buy for my swap partner? I am sew glad I went in there. I not only had a friendly experience...I found out they let you come and rent time for their long arm to have them help you quilt your quilt. I am so excited. I will still send some to MSQC ...but now I can go some where and do it my self. I am sew very excited. I am anxious to see everyone's selections.
                            Michele

She who dies with the biggest fabric stash wins.....:icon_razz:

Life just seems to get in the way of quilting.

Comment

momtutor, how fun! I wish out LQS would do something like that! Can't wait to see what you selected!
                              LaNiece

Comment

Fat Quarter Swap

About this Group

Spring Fat Quarter Swap
                              Everyone is welcome!
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 24
                              Comments: 363

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse