Fat Quarter Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What colors do you like?

Just thought it would be fun for us to share the colors we like and what colors we think look like spring.

I'll start this: Anyone who knows me at all knows that I adore pink. Any shade of it makes me happy. The soft pinks in spring blossoms and the vibrant pinks. I love pink with greens (lime green makes me happy), blues, yellows, lavender, and I love, love it with black! What kind of colors do you like?

I find it's the brights that attract me..lime and orange..... but then there are also the retro designs and prints, oh my goodness... and the 30's reproduction prints. I'm also collecting a lot of darks and blacks and browns for a project, scraps from that will find their way into other projects.
    I didn't think I had a lot of pinks, and after I raided my stash for the girlie quilt top, probably have very little left in my tubs o'frabric I like florals too... drawn to iris colours.. Then there are the seasonal, Christmas and I absolutely adore Halloween Fabric and I'm pretty limited here in Australia, so that is always top of my list for seasonal swaps...
    oh this is going to be so much fun.

Comment

I like bright colors and especially aqua, yellows, and pinks.

Comment

For me, I love bright colours but am attracted to almost everything. I have quite a variety of colours in my stash. For spring, I love purple, yellow and emerald greens, adore blue and whites. I will be happy with whatever I get.
        Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

It just occurred to me that I also love red. Wink....wink...I am doing a quilt that needs lots of bright (more of the cool tone) red with small prints. It's the cutest chicken quilt. I'm taking a class in June so I'm trying to collect my reds, yellow, and black prints. I am not really sure why I need a chicken quilt except that it is so darn cute! 20. Chanticleer & Company - Louise Harris - QuiltWalk.org Here's a picture! Cute isn't it! I saw that someone said they love brights....me too and I love florals. I am a huge fan of roses, and I love the heck out of polka dots. Love chevrons, stripes, tiny prints, and well you get the picture. I love it all!

Comment

Almost every quilt that I gasp over and ooh and ahh has bright colors. I also like red, burgundy, pinks...shoot, I like all colors!
            Nancy

Comment

I am drawn to brights, and my fat quarters are dwindling. Any shade of purple or yellow, '30's reproduction prints, flannel and batiks. I love any and all fabric. You can't disappoint me, and receiving fabric in the mail makes me happy.
              Beck

Comment

LaNiece that is the cutest quilt ever. I just love those chickens. I am pretty sure you could get some pretty interesting chicken-building fabric in the exchange group. I can't wait to see your quilt. Do you think they might sell that pattern without taking the class? I'm not 100% sure I would do it but it is pretty cute.
                Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

I love all colors red/black/white prints, brights, pastels just about any thing. I can always find a place for them

Comment

Nan,
                    I bet they would sell the pattern. I will find out for you. The lady who is teaching the class had it on display last year and everyone wanted it so she decided to teach the class this year. It filled up so fast. I have found the cutest chicken wire print for the background and I got one red print, I can't remember the line right now, but it has little tiny white chicks outlined in white. It also came in a yellow print so I got some of that too. I am beyond excited! My husband just keeps rolling his eyes. He laughs at my obsession with quilts and wants to know when I graduate and don't need to take anymore classes. I said well when they quit coming up with things I love and new ideas, I guess then I will graduate!! Safe to say, I'm never graduating! Oh, I am also doing this quilt. She is a national teacher and she has the prettiest quilts! I am a big fan and just couldn't resist a class from Jill Finley. 65. Star Dance - Jill Finley - QuiltWalk.org

Comment

I like bright colors, blues, and most anything will be happy with.

Comment

Sounds like everybody just basically loves fabric! I am so looking forward to seeing what everyone gets!!!

Comment

I love greens, yellows and oranges. Well, actually probably just about everything other than civlil war types of fabrics.
                          Debbie

Comment

I have been racking my brain trying to remember the name of the fabric line that I bought with the little chicks on it for my chicken quilt. Well duh, look on the fabric! It's from "Calico Days" tell me what you think. It's just one of the prints I'm using, but I think it will be so cute! https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ks-red-yardage There's also a yellow one like it and I purchased it and a red plaid from the line. Cute line of fabric. I'm thinking some of them would be really cute in for "Farm Girl Vintage".

Comment

Batiks are my favorite - any color and pattern.

However, I just love fabric and have not found something that I did not like

Comment

Fat Quarter Swap

About this Group

Spring Fat Quarter Swap
                              Everyone is welcome!
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 24
                              Comments: 363

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...