Fat Quarter Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a bad morning

This morning I got on to check how things were going and I had received two private messages from 2 people who signed up to be in the swap who dropped out. They were angry that I had asked for emails and phone numbers. I didn't even think about that offending people. Actually, I'm hurt and offended. I am an honest person trying to do something fun and it seems I'm stupid, and I apologize if I offended more of you. It has sort of taken the fun out of this for me. I never had one bit of trouble when I did this 2 years ago. I have had some rough things in my life that kept me away for a while and came back at the request of another member of this group and got the swap going again. It was meant to be fun and sadly today after their messages some of the fun has been taken out of it.

I can not believe someone would do that. How are you to contact them if you or they have a question or problem? This information is for you so you can assign there swap partner. How are you to do that if you have no emails to contact them. I hope that they think twice about this. They are missing having a great swap and meeting new people. I have been in several swaps with no problem about privacy. I hope you don't let a few spoil the enjoyment of doing this. I am behind you 100%. Any swap you go in you must give this information for the hostess. The only think I can think of is that they are newbies and don't understand how swaps work. Keep up the good work I am looking forward to your swap.

Comment

Don't let it bother you! You can't please everyone. I'm looking forward to the swap! Thank you for coordinating it.

Comment

LaNiece, I'm not interested in joining right now but I did read your message from this morning. I am sorry that you were so distressed. It just isn't right. What is it that they say--No good deed goes unpunished! We've all been there. I'm sure you are a very sweet lady. Treat yourself to starting a new project!

Comment

LaNiece,
          I agree 100% with scooter! That's how swaps are handled. Only you know who they are, and I am wondering if they will ever join a swap. They apparently have no idea what they're missig.
          "Carry on my wayward son/daughter".
          I'm behind you ALL the WAY!

Beck.

Comment

Thank you for supporting me. I was so stunned and hurt when I got their messages. I was doing this because I had am member ask me to do it again. I have been away from the group for a while because of because of stresses in my life and I thought this would be fun. I considered just closing the group, but then you guys miss out. I don't get anything for doing this except the fun of organizing something and hoping people have fun, (hopefully you will). I am hoping we we can trust each other. It's a few fat quarters in your mail from someone who enjoys the same hobby you do. No drama necessary.

Comment

Thanks for doing this swap LaNiece, so sorry my fellow quilters stole some joy

Comment

Thank you. I hope that we can have a wonderful swap. I'm sorry for them that they chose to be that way.

Comment

LaNiece I can't believe some one would join a swap group and then not want to give contact information. So sorry you had to deal with this. This will be a great group and don't let this wreck your fun. We appreciate what you are doing and support you 100%. Let's have FUN!!
                  Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Thank you Nan. It was a pretty discouraging morning, but I have decided to look at it as it being their loss! I am looking forward to shopping for some fun fabrics! Hope the rest of you are too!

Comment

Ughhh! Today, she apologized for being strong and then called me irresponsible for having your information on here. I give up!! You can't even do anything nice. I get the security issues she has, but the other person (related) also said she didn't want to worry about being contacted on her phone or email to send her fat quarters. Well, send them then, and that will never happen! I don't want to have to do either of those two things either!!! Sorry for the rant! I am trying to do something fun, if people don't want to do it they don't have to. Just leave me alone!

Comment

I also agree with Scooter. I have done several things and have never had a problem. I am anxious to get my name! You are doing a great job, girl!

Comment

LaNiece.....so sorry.....Well, you can't please everyone ! There's some people out there that are really security crazy....while that isn't wrong, I do think some people carry it just a little too far. My own DH is a security nut....and it drives me crazy ! He is worried about my posting on any of the forum threads etc...but hey, I am not worried ! I have met a lot of great people on this forum /groups....and enjoy everyone's comments and expertise that I have learned from !
                          Just shake it off LaNiece and know that we are all THRILLED to have you host this new SWAP !
                          (((((BIG HUGS )))

Just remember that the rest of us are ABSOLUTELY THRILLED that you are willing to host this swap once again ! You did a great job with the last swap !!!!
                          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

The rules were clearly posted. If they didn't agree, they shouldn't have signed up. It drivves me nuts that one rude person can ruin my day. Thanks for organizing the swap. I hope it can still be fun for you.
                            One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Comment

Thank you for organizing this swap! I am happy to be part of it! You are doing a great job! ��❤️
                              April

Comment

Fat Quarter Swap

About this Group

Spring Fat Quarter Swap
                              Everyone is welcome!
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 24
                              Comments: 363

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse