2016 SECRET SANTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for projects

I remember last year, particularly being new to this type of group, being so confused about coming up with ideas for gift projects.

How about listing some ideas to help others come up with homemade gifts? I'll start with some of the tried and true ones.

holiday/seasonal wall hangings
    table runners
    mug rugs
    placemats
    zipper pouches
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Some of these are not homemade but are also nice to receive.

One can always use a nice pair of scissors. I like to have a pair at my cutting table, Ironing board and by my sewing machines. I prefer a smaller pair by my sewing machine. Same goes for a tape measure and marking pencils/pens oh and straight pins plus something to hold them like a pin cushion or magnetic bowl. Thread catchers are nice also to have everywhere. Hot pads are always useful or an apron is especially wonderful for around holidays when dong a lot of cooking. Oh and I'm a bag lady so you have to have a big enough bag to take your quilting stuff in if you go to retreats or just over to a friends house to sew for the weekend.

So to recap my list of items:
    Scissors-Big and small
    Marking pens/pencils-temporary and permanent
    Straight pins-all sizes
    Pin cushions
    Thread catchers
    Hot pads
    Aprons
    Bags-of all sizes

Comment

Everyone

I am also new to this type of swap but have come up with a couple of ideas that might help others find inspiration.
      I love the idea of
      mug rugs and
      themed runners,
      but how about a cute pincushion,
      a needlecase,
      a tote bag.

If you think the gift does not stand by itself as being substantial, augment with some thread, sewing machine needles, chocolate, souvenir-type coffee mug from your city/state/province/country.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers
      Peggiep
      Peggiep
      "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Keep the ideas coming!

Lanyards (for thread trimmers or small scissors) - made with one jelly roll strip
        kitchen towels
        fabric bowls
        fabric boxes