2016 SECRET SANTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allergies???

I don't know about anyone else, but I am EXTREMELY allergic to anything that has to do with sheep...wool, lotions that contain lanolin and latex, which don't pertain to sheep (just a bit of trivia). I didn't know if anyone else has allergies to whatever?
    Beck

Lanolin pertains to sheep, but latex does not

I am allergic to hazelnuts & macadamia nuts
    Happy Quilting!

Comment

I don't have any allergies to items such as those but the smell of cigarette smoke and strong perfume gives me headaches.
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

No allergies for me. This is a good topic as I would hate to give something that could make someone 'ill (chocolate or peanuts for example).
        Wendy
        http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

No food allergies. But strong scents like perfumes and smell of cigarette smoke give me migraines.

Comment

I don't have any allergies but it seems as if you do, and you get something that you are allergic to, you'll need to give that item away. Are we supposed to remember everyone's allergies since we don't even know who will be receiving our gifts? I agree about cigarette smoke though. Could the smokers be matched up with smokers? And BTW, what are you doing smoking anyway?? That stuff will kill you. Just sayin'.
            Nancy

Comment

I agree with Neller about the allergies....just give the gift to someone else, or don't eat it if you're allergic to it. We can't police everything without making the exchange so complicated that it won't be enjoyable anymore. But I also agree with the cigarette smoke concern; match smokers with smokers. Just my opinion, and I don't mean to offend anyone.

Comment

Not to offend anyone but keeping this swap going is hard work and now I am supposed to find out who smokes and who doesn't and match accordingly. Please do not make this so complicated that I decide not do this anymore. I understand the predicament about the smoking as I am in a similar situation. I don't smoke but my husband does. However, I put my secret santa gift in a tightly sealed tote with a fabric softener sheet to keep the smell out. Maybe the smokers could something similar?
                "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

I have no allergies......non-smokers here.( I am married ) I have belonged to swaps before and you can't control everything that people do,otherwise swaps like this wouldn't be.
                  Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                  http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Rhonda - you have done a great job and I think you should keep doing exactly how you have done in past years.
                    Debbie

Comment

We could possibly do some switching up of gifts if we find out at the end that our SS recipient is allergic to something we made, but it should be on us not on the organizer. And allergies are different than preferences. Something with smoke or perfume would be aired out in my home, but not rejected because I don't prefer the smell, but I am not allergic to them.
                      I agree that keeping things simple is the best, but I like to know about everyone so the last few gifts can be tailored.

Keep up the good work Rhonda! I had a blast last year!

Comment

I agree with the above. Keep it simple, Rhonda you have done super on the last 2 SS swaps I have been in. My first year the package obviously came from a home of heavy smokers, I just opened the box and let it out in the garage until Christmas Eve, things were fine then.
                        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Rhonda, I'm not offended at all. Your suggestion about putting items in a sealed tote is great, as was the suggestion to air items out if they are smoke smelling. I'm excited to get a box of goodies at Christmas! Thanks for all your hard work!
                          Nancy

Comment

Rhonda, I'm not offended at all. Your suggestion about putting items in a sealed tote is great, as was the suggestion to air items out if they are smoke smelling. I'm excited to get a box of goodies at Christmas! Thanks for all your hard work!

Oops! It posted twice. Can't figure out how to delete.
                            Nancy

Comment

Rhonda,
                              It seems that I started a post that I should've kept to myself. I am extremely sorry for opening my mouth . I need to roll with the rules. This is my first SS Swap. I am truly sorry for anything I did that makes this hard on you.
                              One reason this is with my name.
                              Beck

Comment

2016 SECRET SANTA

About this Group

This is the 2016 Secret Santa M* Secret Santa Gift Swap. This is a year long, monthly themed event.

We have a lot of fun doing this every year. So come and join in on the fun.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 56
                              Comments: 627

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X