Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Group

Ladies,

I hate to do this but I am going to have to take a breather from this group in 2020. We are having our retirement home being built in FL which is necessitating numerous trips back and forth from MD to FL. My husbands father died a few months ago and we have to settle his estate and then sell his house in TX. This has already resulted in one trip to TX with at least one more on the horizon. And we met with a realtor this weekend about putting our house in MD up for sale later in the year. And he really feels we should have the house listed no later than Valentines Day based on the market. That leaves us about 6 weeks to get the house in showing shape. AHHH!! And if it sells, we will then be "homeless" for a period of time while the FL house is being built.

With all these things going on I frankly am not even sure where I will be living over the next year. :-)

If someone else wants to take the lead on this group for the 3 swaps in 2020, I would be happy to let them know how I do it. I would estimate it takes me about 4 hours once every three months to do the sorting, mailing, etc. Otherwise, once I am settled in FL and have a permanent address, I can check back in with folks to see if there is still interest.

Thanks
    Debbie
    Debbie

Debbie, so sorry to hear about your Father in Law. I lost mine right before Thanksgiving. It is quite a job to get things in order. Wishing you lots of luck in selling your house and your new adventure in you new home in Florida. Either way, you have done a wonderful job in doing the 2 in squares for us.

Comment

Yes, thank you so much for all your work with the exchange. I guess it's time to make something with all my squares!

Comment

Debbie, I'm so sorry that your year it not turning out the way that you planned but on the bright side you will soon have a beautiful house to move into.

I wish I could take over the group but I too have issues this year. Daughter and Son-In-Law in Military, stationed in Utah, we live in Nebraska and they need us to go watch the 3 kids while they both are gone for 2 weeks. I also have a daughter in South Carolina, Military too, who has been having medical issues and several surgeries because of it. Then there is my mom who has Parkinson's and needs a lot of tending to. My father in law has Alzheimer's and it's getting to the point we are going to have to place him somewhere. On top of all that my husband is out on medical leave right now and we are not sure what is going to happen with that just yet.

I use this group as a source of relaxation and my way of getting away from everyday life. I HOPE someone is able to take this group over. You have done a fantastic job and I hope you will be able to return next year.

Comment

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father-in-law.
          I wish you all the best in sorting out the estate, selling your current home and moving to Florida.
          I, too, think this will be a good time to sit down and finally put my HSTs together.
          Until next time ladies... take care!

Comment

Wow Debbie! You certainly do have your hands full this year. So sorry for your loss. 🙏🏻

If there is still interest and Debbie is willing to share with me how she facilitates the swap I would be willing to handle it in the mean time.

Those interested please speak up. If there is not much interest then we don’t get a very varied mix.

Dena

Comment

I would be interested in participating.

Comment

I also have used this swap as a way to stay connected to quilting. So, I would continue participating if there is enough interest.

Comment

Inwould definitely be interested!

Comment

I see some of you are interested in possibly keeping a swap going, and if that happens, please do keep me in mind. I would be interested.
                    (I won't take on organizing the swap because I'm in Canada and the shipping costs would then increase to $10.)

Comment

2" HST Group

About this Group

Let's have fun with Round 13 of our HST swap. Open to everyone! We will be swapping up to 6 sets of HST's using the Laundry Basket Quilts paper. Rules for swap 13 are included in a message below.
                    Type: Public
                    Topics: 74
                    Comments: 886

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X