2" HST Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet group

Hey everyone, the group has been pretty quiet. What's everyone up to?

Jeanne

Well I for one am waiting for all the HST packets to arrive so I can start sorting! :-) Other than that, I decided I was going to do something will all the scrap pieces I have laying around. So I have spent most of Jan and Feb sorting and then cutting them into 10" or 5" squares, 2 1/2" strips when able and then other strips. This has been a bit of a challenge the past month as we got a new puppy and if I try to keep him in the room with me he is into EVERYTHING. And unless he is asleep he can't be trusted left alone. But he's fun and hopefully I will start getting a bit more productive.
    Debbie

Comment

I'm waiting on my backing fabric to come in! I just finished making the Love Notes Star quilt top!

Also I'm super excited to the the HSTs! I think I know what I want to make with the swap!

Comment

I've been working on a t-shirt quilt. Sewing the binding on right now then all I need to do it label it and it will be done. Then back to the Harry Potter quilt I'm making for my son as a Christmas gift. Sure hope I get it done in time.

Comment

I've been working on a Secret Santa project. I didn't like some of the quilting I did, so I have to do some "frogging", then redo. I'm saving most of the HSTs to make a quilt in the future. I did use some of them, with a white/beige half, to make a table runner. It turned out really cute. I like having the contrasting neutral on one half so the colored side stands out, but I'll eventually use them all in the quilt.

Jeanne

Comment

life has gotten in the way of quilting but I've recently finished refurbishing an old 1891 singer treadle and itching to get back to sewing soon!
            ~Kim
            @>--`--,-- @>--`--,-- @>--`--,-- @>--`--,--

Remember to ALWAYS smile, it will do one of 3 things
            1. Bring a smile to someone else's face
            2. Make them wonder what you are up to :icon_razz:
            or ....
            3. Scare them :icon_woot:

Comment

Thanks for asking.
              In December, I became a grand mom for the second time - a little girl. Her quilt was finished in December
              This year, I have been working on my quilting skills. Piecing is fun for me but the quilting seems above my head most days. I am beginning to understand how quilting rulers work and can now quilt a fairly nice flower. Next will be learning feather quilting. My goal is to learn to relax and enjoy the quilting of a top.

Comment

I was asked by a friend if I had ever made a weighted blanket. Well the answer was no but I took on the challenge. Finished it Saturday and have been asked by someone else to make one for their granddaughter. I had a list of items I need to make this year so these will throw my timeline off a little. Also sewed 14 flannel blankets for a Seattle Children’s Hospital donation and a quilt for a local organization that works with Foster Kids.

Comment

2" HST Group

About this Group

Let's have fun with Round 13 of our HST swap. Open to everyone! We will be swapping up to 6 sets of HST's using the Laundry Basket Quilts paper. Rules for swap 13 are included in a message below.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 74
                Comments: 886

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X