2" HST Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 9 Suggestion

As folks are working on their Round 8 HST's, I have had the following suggestion made:

"I have been looking at all of the HST and trying to figure out how to use them. Looked up stuff online and found things made with HST that all have half of them done in the same or similar shades for the light color. Wondered about us trying an exchange that specifies a cream or light beige as half of the HST paired with makers choice. It would allow some cohesiveness to them and maybe make it easier to put together a project."

Does this sound like something folks would like to do for the July - Sept swap? We have had themed swaps at least one other time.
    Debbie

I like the idea and would in. Right now I have my HSTs roughly sorted into color groups (red/pinks, browns, greens, blues). I was planning on doing a larger quilt with "rings" expanding out and each ring being a color group. The bright HSTs (hot pinks, neon colors, etc) have been divided out for their own project, not sure what yet.

Comment

Wyora, I have been sorting somewhat similar to you. Fall type colors in one pile, bright vibrant colors in another and then pretty much everything else.
      Debbie

Comment

I know there needs to be details worked out such as which color and if all sets have to be different shades but you got my vote for a couple months with a theme color.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me.

0 Thanks

Comment

A beige/cream as the light colour works for me.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Works for me too!

Comment

OK then, that will be the plan for the NEXT swap. Secondary color should be a cream or light beige - can be either solid or a patterned fabric in those colors. In case any of you are fabric shopping and want to get a step up on the group. I generally do the summer swap HSTs early as I find my sewing time very limited once the weather warms up. So I actually went and bought fabric today for this swap.
                  Debbie

Comment

I'm in for the next swap. I am using a lot of the HSTs that I've received as pieces in a Bonnie Hunter "Scrap Crystals" (More Adventures With Leaders and Enders) quilt. I'm actually going to a quilt retreat next month where Bonnie will be the featured guest and that's where I'll make the quilt. I sized the block up a little so that my HSTs would fit.
                    Nancy

Comment

That works best for me too. I am not dead set on my background theme but I know it will be very light, with beige or cream dominating. I like to add a few other light colors to make it more interesting. When I have time I am planning on sorting my squares the same way as others have mentioned. I actually haven't even received the last batch from my daughter, the one before that still has the papers on it and the one before THAT is still waiting to be pressed open. I think I have too many other projects going! But having them sewed is the best! And the variety we are getting is great.

So I am in on Round 9 with the new rules, and working on Round 8. Hope I can get it done to send back to the States with someone who is leaving in May.

Comment

I like the idea of using Beige or Cream color with color. I have just been collecting them. Haven't done anything with them. Still looking for a pattern to use them in.

Comment

I just want to clarify before starting: is this light with another colour (e.g., cream or white with red or blue) or 2 lights (e.g. white with a beige or pale yellow).

Comment

Any other color. Just have the light be a beige, cream, etc.
                            Debbie

Comment

Will we be doing up to 3 sheets for this exchange or are we still trying the up to 6 sheets?

Comment

2" HST Group

About this Group

Let's have fun with Round 13 of our HST swap. Open to everyone! We will be swapping up to 6 sets of HST's using the Laundry Basket Quilts paper. Rules for swap 13 are included in a message below.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 74
                              Comments: 886

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X