I bit off too much...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bit off too much...

So, I took all my kids fabric and cut it up into pillowcase pairs. We are moving to FL and will probably need to rent for a while while they finish building our house and I didn't think it made any sense to pay to have the fabric moved and then pay again while it went into storage for a while.

So, for the last month and a half I have been making pillowcases for Marilyn. But even though I am "staying home" I still work full time and so have not gotten nearly as many done as I thought I would. I am estimating I still have close to 100 sets that need to be sewn. And I know there is no way I am going to get those sewn any time soon. I would really like to have the fabric gone in the next couple weeks. As soon as the stay at home order is lifted the house goes on the market and it would help not to have piles of fabric laying around. :-)

If anyone is looking for a break from sewing masks, I will be happy to send you some as long as you send them to Marilyn once they are done. If interested, pm me your name and address and how many sets you would like.

Also, just so you know, I don't use that 2" strip when I make mine. I just have the 27" and 9" strips. If you want the accent, you would need to add it. Personally I don't like it as it tends to get all wrinkled up after washing but that is just me.
    Debbie

Spiff, I don't know if I can do a good job on these. Can you show me a picture and what is involved. I am a geterdone kind of sewer so perfection isn't my game. I would be more than happy to help if its not too involved
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      Google burrito pillowcases...they are quick and easy!

This is an amazing thing you are doing...maybe send a message to Charyti (Simply Quilting) about it. Her, and her kids have been a God send getting pillowcases made for me.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Terry - here is a good tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7yrDQ7G9so

Jenny has one too but she doesn't show how to do the french seams. This one does and I think they look nicer. Also, as I said, I am leaving off the 2" strip as it is quicker without it and frankly I think they are just as nice without it. But I do sew a quick line of topstitching just above the seam on the top piece to give it a finished look.
      Debbie

Comment

I just sent you message with my address. I will make 25 of them and send to Marilyn.
        Wendy
        http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

• auntiemern
          auntiemern commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Wendy. You are such a good friend to me and my mission.

Sent you a PM

Comment

Thanks to those that offered to sew the pillowcases. With the exception of a couple I am finishing up they are all boxed up and will go out in the mail tomorrow. You are the BEST!!!
          Debbie

Comment

So thankful to all of my quilting, and pillowcase making warriors.

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Here are the pillowcases I made up for Spiff. Not the best picture. But they will be mailed to Marilyn one day next week.
              Wendy
              http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Originally posted by wlrquilts View Post
                Here are the pillowcases I made up for Spiff. Not the best picture. But they will be mailed to Marilyn one day next week.
                Thanks Wendy,
                The look great. Can't wait to see them.

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

About this Group

This group is to make quilts for me to take to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital twice a year, in honor of my grand son. The goal is 50 every 6 months. We also take pillow cases
                Type: Public
                Topics: 77
                Comments: 232

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                  Willcox and Gibbs
                  by chelea
                  Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                  November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                • KPH
                  My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                  by KPH
                  Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                  November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                • KPH
                  Secret Santa Arrivals
                  by KPH
                  Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                  November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                • Monique
                  It has arrived
                  by Monique
                  My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                  November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                • KPH
                  New Leader needed for 2021
                  by KPH
                  We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                  November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                Working...
                X