PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PICU Delivery

I was not able to take pics, but boy oh boy were they happy to see me. I took 4 FULL wagons of quilts and pillow cases to the PICU. I also took 3 bags of pillow cases for the Costas Cancer center for "Pillowcases for Pheonix". Shared a few of the smallest blankets and quilts with the NICU as well. I had Gabe, and his sister with me to help. I told Gabe it was because of him, is why we do this. Some day I can tell him the entire story.
    I was determined to get them there before Christmas, no matter how busy I was, or what else needed to be done. I left there with a full heart, and tears of joy knowing how much those babies and kids love those quilts and pillow cases.

Merry Christmas to all my quilting angels that make this possible for me. It truly is a blessing, and embodies the spirit of Christmas.
    Thank You,
    Marilyn
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

I have one in the next box done and one I found that had slid behind a stack of fabric that is sandwiched and ready to be quilted. (don't know how it got behind the fabric stacks.

So glad you are doing better. Not being on FB has its downfalls. As I can't keep up with things like this. But I refuse to do social media...maybe one day I will change.
    Bless you for doing what you do.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

So excited that you were able to make a large delivery before Christmas and the grandchildren were able to go with you.

Comment

Bless you Marilyn...thank you so much for the update...and all of your hard work...you are an Angel...I will start to work on more small quilts and pillowcases, too...
        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Great to hear from you. I can help out again. Do you mind getting "unfinished" quilts? I'm scared to quilt them for giving away. But it does cause you more work.Were you able to use my previous ones sent? If not let me know and I will make small quilts and do simple echo quilting. I love making quilts to donate to a good cause but lack the confidence to quilt them. Happy you were able to deliver such happiness. Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Comment

Georgie Girl, I prefer finished quilts, because it is so time consuming for me to finish them. It also adds a great deal of expense for me to have to furnish backing and batting for all of the unfinished quilts I receive. But either way, I will appreciate what ever I get.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Good to know Marilyn. I usually provide the backing with my top because I like it to match. I'll make kid sizes then and simple line quilting. That's the best I can do. Merry Christmas to you

Comment

PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

About this Group

This group is to make quilts for me to take to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital twice a year, in honor of my grand son. The goal is 50 every 6 months. We also take pillow cases
              Type: Public
              Topics: 77
              Comments: 232

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X