PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marilyn needs our help

Hey members, there has not be much going on here for quite a while......
    I don't think I am out of line posting this, but Marilyn needs our help...her health is not always the best, as I'm sure ours isn't either at times, but this is a great cause... I have been busy trying to make a childrens quilt in between others that I'm doing...
    the last delivery was the lowest count she ever took to the hospital and it was delivered late because of the weather and her health...
    Let's surprise her with a bombardment of quilts and pillowcases for this November...
    She has been a guardian angel for this hospital since her grandson was treated there...thanks for listening...again hope I am not out of line for asking!
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Never out of line here!! I've got several going right now and more planned. I'll hopefully see Marilyn the end of September and will deliver what I have to her then. I'm certain there are so many new forum members who aren't aware of this cause and most do not know Marilyn's passion for the Cardinal Glennon PICU/NICU - but I'll support this wonderful project as much as I can, right from the heart.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Thank you Sandy...I will post after the holiday in General Discussion...you are definitely right about a lot of new members not knowing about helping...and if all of the current members can pitch in, it would be wonderful...
      Carol

Comment

I have been very lax lately and have not really sewed a whole lot. I love doing these quilts they are very rewarding in more ways then 1. They also are good vehicles to use scraps, or try a new technique whether it's piecing or quilting. I have a few Ideas and need to get in gear.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have several tops done that I just need to sandwich and quilt. Next rainy weekend I will get them sandwiched and start to finish them up.
          Debbie

Comment

Thank you Iris Girl and Spiff...I know Marilyn is committed to this project...I for one feel so honored to be able to help...
            I am trying to get a post put together for some of our newer members that may be interested too (great suggestion from our Sandy)..
            a UTI got in the way and got the best of me the last week or so...just back from the Dr. and have to schedule a sonogram for this week...thanks again for responding
            Carol

Comment

Marilyn, is there a specific quilt size you would like? I have a few I could
              finish and send your way.

Comment

Laura, I do not want to speak for Marilyn, but I am sure any sizes are acceptable...
                Carol

Comment

Laura, I do not want to speak for Marilyn, but I am sure any sizes are acceptable...she may not have seen this post yet...thank you so much!
                  Carol

Comment

The quilts go for kids from newborn up to age 17, so really any size is great to have.
                    K is for Karen 😊​..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I have another one finished and picked up fabric at a garage sale today for a 'manly' quilt that I'll be working on!! Kids rejoice!!
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I've got a couple in the works.. as soon as I get the binding done, will send them to Marilyn.. Just too much life getting in the way here at my house. First I had the cataract surgery on both eyes to get thru. Then Dear SonInLaw brought home a nasty little germ that knocked me for a loop.
                        Am just now getting back into the groove of sewing, cooking and gardening. Getting old isn't for sissies.
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

Me too GF's!!! There is so much that comes up as we age... (Old age is not for "sissies"...LOL)....I have begun to quilt ONLY for charity and I can attest to all the newbies that "paying it forward" is just about the best thing anyone can do for THEMSELVES!!!! I cannot begin to describe the changes it has brought to my life and mind set....
                          Carol... you are right... Marilyn's cause has slipped here and when i meet my deadline of Tuesday on the "School quilt" for my BFF.... a GABE quilt is next on the list) Thanks for reminding us...
                          It just amazes me to hear some people say.."I'm bored".... WHAT??????????????? Of course that is mainly the people I know that don't have a hobby) GB
                          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Thank you Sandy, Judy and Barb....I know Marilyn can always count on you gals....I posted to new members and reminded them of the good cause on the forum yesterday, especially this one...it had a lot of lookers but no responses...situations in life happen that just do not let us donate at the moment...here's hoping we can get more done for Marilyn...I have about 5 quilts done...I love helping out and paying it forward...hugs to you all!
                            Carol

Comment

I'm trying to catch up on the to dos ,around here.
                              Having a heart for the NICU too. ( having had two nephews, blessed to be special residence of this fantastic technology and care. I would be honoured to, pay it forward.
                              I would like to know how small to make the little ones, please. Certainly will make a few larger ones too.
                              Thanks for the reminder.....

....Bee
                              The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                              ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

About this Group

This group is to make quilts for me to take to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital twice a year, in honor of my grand son. The goal is 50 every 6 months. We also take pillow cases
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 77
                              Comments: 232

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X