PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does everybody "finish" the quilts?

I don't have a long arm and my version of quilting is very, very, very pitiful...I would definitely not want to try it on a quilt yet. So do I send the tops & backs as they are? I just don't want donations to become a burden instead of a help...
    Kathe

sigpic Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

I finish mine. Since they are small quilts, a decorative or stitch in the ditch should be more than adequate. I've used a serpentine stitch diagonally at times.

Because of weight in shipping, you may want to hear directly from Marilyn and maybe just send the top and backing, then money for batting. I know that she has finished some tops that have been given to her.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Well, for some reason I can't thank your post Sandy, so thank you!
      Kathe

sigpic Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

Comment

Most people send finished quilts. I do however receive tops that need to be finished in to quilts. At the forum retreat last year, several people sent tops home with me. At that time I also brought home with me 2 big rolls of poly batting that had been purchased for charity quilts that were possibly made while there. I am currently working on those. That being said, I still have had to furnish the backs, and if I wanted borders, I put them on out of my stash. I am just glad I have the fabric to do that without buying more.
        If you don't feel comfortable making the entire quilt, please feel free to send the top to me, and I will get it finished. I am just grateful for everything I get, whether I need to finish it or it comes to me already finished. God Bless you for wanting to contribute to my cause. Hugs, Marilyn
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

About this Group

This group is to make quilts for me to take to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital twice a year, in honor of my grand son. The goal is 50 every 6 months. We also take pillow cases
        Type: Public
        Topics: 77
        Comments: 232

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X