PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a Blast

I feel like I have renewed energy since the first of the year, and am having a blast making quilts for the PICU. Every time I get one done, I just smile and smile. Binding one now to finish up. Pics up soon
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

I too feel the same way! I have another already done and 2 I sandwiched and basted yesterday waiting to be quilted. And fabric at my fingertips for at least 3 to 4 more. It is a great feeling when when gets finished and I can send a package your way.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

That's it in a nutshell... when one has a stash to choke a horse, from over 30yrs of collecting (actually more like 40 LOL)...and is smart enough to see that I am more than HALF way to the "party being over"... (I'm 67)... and being blessed with a wonderful life, full of terrific people both here in my community and on M*forum... It's like a perfect storm of creation and giving back!! 2 coming from me as well!! B
      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

OK - I'm in. I've been watching this group for a while, but I didn't want to join and not contribute. I know I can get at least one quilt out for this worthy cause. I have a sasparilla charm pack that I'm not going to be using - I just...have to decide on a pattern. I wanted to do something a little more advanced than just sewing them all together, but at this point - I'm stuck on what!

Any ideas?
        Vicki
        Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

I have another done. Thinking it may be time to box them up and ship them out.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Vicki, why not a falling charms...super easy to do. Or a sashed square, or square in a square. Scrappy 4 patch. The possibilities are endless. Just jump in a start...without a plan and wee what ya come up with. How about a D9P? I must shut up...I could go on and on about what you can make with a single charm pack.

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Auntiemern - I tend to get a little frustrated when I don't plan. LOL - must the mildly anal, obsessive part of my personality. But I like the falling charms idea - I just have a hard time envisioning patterns in different fabric. Both of those quilts Jenny showed in the tutorial just screamed "soft and girlie" and I imagine this "sasparilla" quilt going to a rough and tumble little cowboy. LOL Hopefully it will still look cool. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend!
              Vicki
              Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

I have had the same issue trying to figure out a pattern with some of the charm packs that I just received. Guess maybe we think too much; that is what my kids tell me anyway.

My question is: does the hospital take any of the preemie quilts that are 24x24, or do they want larger ones only?
                :icon_wave: Linda
                "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Linda, they take quilts of all sizes. If it can't be utilized in the PICU, then they are designated to the NICU.

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

OK, thank you. I can make some of those as well.
                    :icon_wave: Linda
                    "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Will be sending one out on Monday. Just need to wash it and pack it up. Might even get it out tomorrow. Oh, that would be later today I guess....lol
                      Cil
                      A quilt is a blanket of love
                      http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                      http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

About this Group

This group is to make quilts for me to take to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital twice a year, in honor of my grand son. The goal is 50 every 6 months. We also take pillow cases
                      Type: Public
                      Topics: 77
                      Comments: 232

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X