PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requirements

The only requirement the hospital has is NO tied quilts. We also take pillow cases. Thanks ahead of time for your help and generosity.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

PICU/NICU....I'm assuming you want small quilts. Could you give me an approximate size please...I'm happy to be part of this group...Thanks
    :icon_wave: Lynn

Comment

Hi Lynn! Having made quite a few quilts for this group in several different sizes, let's see if I can give you some help. NICU quilts can be fairly small, say 30 by 36" or so and PICU quilts can be fairly good sized since they can go for "tweens" as well as younger kids. I think the largest I made was probably 48" by 60". I never measured to be sure, just made all different sizes, depending on what fabric I had.

So size is fairly open, from newborn to age 16.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Do they want them washed or unwashed? I’ve heard requests either way from different hospitals. I usually wash my quilts after binding them so I don’t want to send something they can’t use.

Comment

I always take them to them washed in scent free dye free detergent. Can't take a chance with any allergens, or dirt being on them, as these children are in their most vulnerable state when they get them. I prefer receiving them that way so I don't have to do it. They are then stored in totes or big plastic bags in my smoke free/pet free home. Usually in my sewing room.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe

About this Group

This group is to make quilts for me to take to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital twice a year, in honor of my grand son. The goal is 50 every 6 months. We also take pillow cases
          Type: Public
          Topics: 77
          Comments: 232

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X