Comfort Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, all you wonderful peeps!!

I had the pleasure of talking with Blondie for a bit just this afternoon. She's been up to her eyebrows with family issues recently, and even more so with the weather and . . . need I say this . . . her internet provider (I won't go into details since I have the same provider and I also have very similar issues). In addition to her Momma Ruth being in and out of the hospital a couple times in the last couple weeks, she's still busy working and taking care of that handsome grandson, seeing that her son and Elijah's momma are taken care of, and spending time feeding Luscious Larry.

She asked that I let everyone know that she has been busy making quilts as fast as her little fingers will allow her, in between doctor's visits and child care, curling hair and dye jobs. So, if you hear of someone who needs a bit of comfort (aka COC or Circle of Comfort), please feel free to put together a quilt and ship it off to a needing recipient. A private message to Blondie letting her know that someone has received comfort will be appreciated - thus avoiding a duplicate effort.

This whole group is only as strong as the members - and there are times that everyone needs a bit of comfort.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Any of our group members have a top ready or a quilt put together for a very special young man who is facing chemo for wide-spread lymphoma? Blondie is overwhelmed with family issues and I'm right in the middle of another major move . . . any help would be appreciated. Please, a PM to me or Blondie.

Thanks - you all are the greatest.

Comment

Thanks Sandy!
      Angels!! life is really moving fast for me at the moment. I have not forgotten anyone - just stuff seems to come in bunches. some good, some kinda stinky.
      Like the squirrels on the cable lines again. I hate time warner and how they just patch us up until a crack in the line gets wet or fries another poor squirrel.

Mom is going much better today - I am home now - late for me since I hve to work tomorrow in the morning. I have been working on COC's and with the heat index here and just window unit a/c's, I am taking my time. LOL. Still, I've sent out 5 in the past few weeks, have two in the works. if you have any tops that you can finish, I have a few names on my list that could use some enouragement and COC loving. I had a few ahead at the beginning of the year but like I said, stuff comes in bunches.

Please, if you see a need, send me an email at [email protected] - if you can finish one, go for it - just let us know so we don't duplicate any for forum members.

Blessings and much love to each one of you for the angels you truly are.
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Once I get my sewing room set up again (after this dang eternal move!) I'll get back on the horse and get some done.
        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Wish I had a top or quilt to help out but I haven't touched my sewing machine in months, will try to get something going ASAP. Hope Mom is doing better and you get a moment to catch your breath and relax a bit.

Comment

Blondie and all, My dear cousin, Helen, finished up a COC I had started a while back and presented it to someone she knows who is battling cancer for the second time. Her hubby took pics and is supposed to email them to me when they get back from a little weekend getaway. Since I have so much trouble posting pics on this website (I guess my computer and M* website just don't see eye to eye), I will send a pic to Blondie. She labeled it with the COC guild name. She will make more, all I have to do is get kits together for her.
            Donna

Comment

I did not know of some of this. Let me see if I can get one started at the retreat for the young man. Will get details from Sandy there.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

I finally managed to finish one of these. I have a few things I'll do differently next time.

Is there a specific quilt label we need to apply? A letter or note we need to tuck in? Of course, I thought of some of these things on the way to deliver the quilt. It does have a COC label, and I explained to her about our group. I have one more to make for another one of our teachers, her diagnosis isn't quite as dire, so she will receive her second.
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Cathy - since Blondie has been tied up lately I'll step in for a bit. If you put on any label at all that's great - I have done some on the embroidery machine and Blondie suggested "Every stitch a prayer, a Circle of Comfort for you." (that may not be the exact wording, but it is definitely the thought that counts). I have often put in a hand-written note but it varies from quilt to quilt. Whatever is in your heart is what matters most and we know your heart is bigger than a whale!!

Comment

To begin this New Year,,, I will begin a new COC!!!! Come on gals,, the more the merrier.. If it's possible to make something "start to finish", even if it's a lap quilt, it might be doable for us all. For sure it will be perfect for Blondie) Time to get my charity mojo working))))))))) Hugs to all.... GB
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Hello!

Still making COC's here. And thanks to all!
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I am so far behind with helping you...I promise to get some stuff done soon.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

Comfort Quilts

About this Group

A Circle of Comfort has been nicknamed COC - these are quilts made and sent to those who need a quilty hug and reminder that they are thought of, necessary, prayed for and loved
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 109
                        Comments: 644

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X