Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember me?

Hi there my sweet friends
    It has been far too long since I posted anything in here. I hope you know that I have not forgotten or given up on the COC's. Even though I may be absent a lot from the forum, I am still plugging away on the COC's.
    I recently received a lovely one from Joy and was able to get that one out to a young man who woke up one morning paralyzed, due to a narrowing of the spinal sheath. He needed emergency surgery. He is still in the hospital but should be home this week - actually, he will be staying with his parents for a while and undergo grueling, intensive physical therapy. This young man is only 35 years old and from what I was told, this condition is quite rare and not well understood.
    I do work on COC's mostly in the evening when things are quiet around here. The stitching does help keep me focused on others rather than on myself, which is always a good thing. I don't think I will ever get tired of the feel of the quilts on my lap and the needle pulling thread.
    Thanks to each of you who have sent me tops, blocks to be finished. I am almost caught up on getting those finished!
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Well, good morning, Tadpole! But how come you never tell us what 'supplies' you need most . . . just sayin'.

Have a pile of blocks coming your way. May need to slip in some scraps since you be a scrappy queen! But, do you need backing or batting or thread or needles?????? Come on, don't be shy, fess up.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I have child size one done if you need me to send it anywhere. Please, please, please, let us know what you need to help you along...I am feeling much better, and able to do more...can also send batting, postage, fabric...or whatever. Just please let us know
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Thanking you both and when I get to a point where I can actually get to a place where I can sit and take stock. I am at a point where I have a few completed so I feel caught up. Now to continue plugging away. If you could see my sewing room, you would be wondering how I could even find my machine.
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Just getting two more COC's in the mail today. The only things I will be needing in the near future is backing and postage. I think I have enough batting to finish up about 6 more COC's.
          thanks Ladies!
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Howdy GF! Good to hear from you... I'm playing a bit of catch up myself and before i know it , it will be the time to get the Christmas "yearlys" going...

Been doing a lot of charity work... just about to put together a "Hearts for Pulse" quilt to send to Orlando...sent one to FL (Lady Lake) and have one to send along to Marilyn..
            As for messy rooms... i'll challenge ya' for that one...LOL

Too much "social" stuff here for my taste, but it's summer and i've a GF moving to FL very soon,, so between "goodbyes",,, summer reunions, b-days etc... my stove hasn't stopped and my feet have dance themselves silly,,, Way too much wine, too many pounds.. so lots of re-grouping needed....

Going to be sending something for your little guy,,, what size is he in now?...DH is beginning his first PT for the shoulder and I've meatballs to make for Friday... LOVE to all,,, you know i love you all to the moon and back right....Hugs, B
            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Comfort Quilts

About this Group

A Circle of Comfort has been nicknamed COC - these are quilts made and sent to those who need a quilty hug and reminder that they are thought of, necessary, prayed for and loved
            Type: Public
            Topics: 109
            Comments: 644

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X