Butterfly Blocks for Gerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batting and Backing

If anyone has some extra backing fabric or pieces of batting that would fit one of these quilts I would certainly appreciate if you could help me out by sending some my way to help me cover that expense. It would be so very appreciated.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

I still have some of that roll of poly batting that I brought to the retreat last year. I can throw it in the truck again this year. I think it is 60" wide.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Thanks Karen.

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Just guessing, but I think there should be enough to get at least 2 good size quilts done from what is there, maybe more.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

I ordered fabric for the outer border and backing yesterday. I will send you a finished quilt top and backing, if not a finished quilt. I'm a little slower than some of the more talented members -- only two blocks completed so far!

Comment

Thank you Julie. I am still working on mine too. No worries...take your time. I love your blocks BTW.

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

My father passed away in hospice several years ago. Thank you for the opportunity to give back!

Comment

A big THANK YOU to Judy, USMC for her generous monetary gift, to help me purchase backing and batting. She is a great friend, and strong supporter of my various "give back" groups. Thank you girl friend. You rock my world.

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

As are ALL the wonderful gals i met back in 2014! Just said to the hubs..."i wonder if they will ever get a direct flight to Missouri"... really i wish there was REAL travel like Samantha did on Bewitched!!!!!...wishful thinking on my part of course.. I am such a wimp,, just not one to adventure out on my own and haven't broached him on coming with..LOL
                  So i will continue to live in the memory of my "Missouri" friends... quilting aways with all their inspirations.. Hugs, GB
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I decided to go ahead and finish the quilt so I'll use my batting and some backing I already have. I'm going to follow the lead you gave us with Cathy's quilt and use some coordinating solids and the left over strip sets to do the borders. I'm not coming to the fall retreat, so I'll be sewing here in spirit. Hopefully by then I will be at the FMQ stage!

Comment

Barb, you should talk your DH to you about coming with you. You wouldn't even have to stay at the retreat center. There are 2 lovely B&Bs, and a nice little motel in town. M* also has a shuttle to and from the airport. I would be more than happy to drive you back and forth. And there are other men that come with the wives that he could meet and hang out with. I would love to see you again.

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Mailing some blocks tomorrow (posted pic)...also a little something to help with backing or binding...
                        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Thank you so much Carol. Can't wait to see them in person.

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

Twelve butterflies finished. Still have to do the sashing and I will finish into a flimsy.
                            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Mine goes on the frame tomorrow!! Funky pieced back.. (my favorite part of quilting, using things up)... No quilt police please for my "cornerstones"...
                              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Butterfly Blocks for Gerry

About this Group

This group is to make butterfly blocks that we will then make into quilts to donate to Evelyn's house. The hospice house that took amazing care of my BIL Gerry during his final transition. The theme of the home was butterflies. We will be making them per Jenny's butterfly block tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-jwUpBKZgs Thank you for your help with our pay it forward project.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 13
                              Comments: 56

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X