Butterfly Blocks for Gerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is scrappy ok?

Can my butterflies be very scrappy? Meaning each wing be a different strip set? Or should each butterfly match like Jenny's?
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Scrappy is fine. Do them however you want. I know that the love will be stictched in them, and that is all that really counts.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Excellent I can use some of this scrap bin up then and do something good at the same time.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have lots of fabric. I am willing to make some. When they are done, do I PM you to get an address for sending?
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Yes you can PM for address. It should be in my user notes too.

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

I think this is a great idea, Marilyn!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What is the time frame....deadline?
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Not really any deadline. Once I get the blocks, I am going to have to put them together, and then get them quilted. These days, I am not all that fast.

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Quick question - I just made a test block and it came out 12 1/2" x 13 1/2" - is this right? In the video she says to cut the center narrow strip 1 1/2" by 12", but I had to cut the strip 1 1/2" x 12 1/2" to match the two halves of the butterfly. I am happy to make more but I just wanted to check with someone about the unfinished size of the block. Thanks to any who can answer!

Comment

Barianne, that should be correct. The blocks are not square due to the strip in the middle. That adds an inch in the width. Thank you so very much for joining. Each strip set is 6 1/2". After being sewn that would be 12 1/2". Add the 1 1/2" middle strip would make the width 13 1/2".

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Block #2 is done and more to come!

Comment

Thank you Barianne.

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

I got a bunch of strip sets sewn. Just need to press and cut then sew the butterflies. I don't do well sewing after 3pm (morning person) To prove this I first sewed a strip rs to ws...rrrippp. then ran out of bobbin thread...why didn't my machine beep to warn me? who knows. change bobbin sewed that strip again. 3rd attempt was good and did about 12 strip sets rest will wait till tomorrow and Weds when I am off.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I got my strips pressed and cut this morning. Will be able to sew them into blocks tomorrow when I am off and hopefully get them on the way.
                            Sigmund Freud

Comment

I was so excited to help with the butterflies starting with my yellow stash and then my orange stash and then I got carried away with cutting strips from my stash yesterday so I better start sewing today. Lots of butterflies.

Comment

Butterfly Blocks for Gerry

About this Group

This group is to make butterfly blocks that we will then make into quilts to donate to Evelyn's house. The hospice house that took amazing care of my BIL Gerry during his final transition. The theme of the home was butterflies. We will be making them per Jenny's butterfly block tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-jwUpBKZgs Thank you for your help with our pay it forward project.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 13
                              Comments: 56

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X