• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tote bags for children's shelter in Illinois

Imported Group Gallery - tote bags for children's shelter in Illinois
tote bags for children's shelter in Illinois

About this Group

A small number of women in southern Illinois are making tote bags for Night's Shield, a children's shelter in West Frankfort, Illinois. This shelter has served over 1000 children in the five+ years it has been opened. When it takes kids in, they bring their clothing, etc. in plastic garbage bags. When it sends children on to foster care or other care, it gives them three changes of clothing, school supplies, etc. Rather than sending these items in trash bags, Night's Shield has asked us to make fabric tote bags. We have made hundreds and hundreds of these bags, we have lost count.

Can you make some bags for us? Any fabric is fine. We make them about the size of a standard pillowcase (roughly 20" x 30&quot and add handles, usually out of self-fabric. Size can vary, they are not picky.

Or if you have extra yardage, you can send that to me and I will make tote bags or pass it on to some other women who will. I'm not sure where I add contact info, I will post this and then add more information as n
Type: Public
Topics: 12
Comments: 30

Owner

Members (5)

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X