Temperature/Weather quilt 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilemma

Not sure what to do and thought you ladies may have some advice. For the past 2 days our temperature has not fluctuated more than 2 degrees! Low - 32 and High - 34. Should I just do a square in my 30 color?

It will certainly stand out in the context of the rest of the quilt!

Comment

It depends on whether your block seams are part of the design...for instance, if you’re doing half square triangles, the diagonal angle will be part of the design. Just doing a plain block will break that design, so it’s up to you how you’re doing your quilt. I’ve seen people go ahead and do 2 triangles the same color to keep the diagonal element going.

Comment

That's been a problem here as well. This has been an unusually mild winter. That's one of the reasons I have only been recording temps. Hope you figure it out, whicjh might help me too.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

This is one of the reasons I chose colors for each degree of temperature in certain ranges. Not that we have days where the temps don’t vary, but if I chose 5 degree increments, there would be lots of squares touching that were the same color. I want a really scrappy quilt. Plus, I’m hoping it will eliminate a few more fat quarters! Waiting for the end of January to start sewing some together, but got everything cut out for the month as of Tuesday. Loving the combinations! Will post a picture when I start sewing.

Comment

Dilemma solved. I just pulled another light blue fabric from my stash and made my block like normal. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Comment

Temperature/Weather quilt 2020

About this Group

Temperature/Weather quilting group
            Type: Public
            Topics: 7
            Comments: 32

Members (7)

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
              Willcox and Gibbs
              by chelea
              Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
              November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
            • KPH
              My Secret Santa box has arrived.
              by KPH
              Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
              November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
            • KPH
              Secret Santa Arrivals
              by KPH
              Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
              November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
            • Monique
              It has arrived
              by Monique
              My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
              November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
            • KPH
              New Leader needed for 2021
              by KPH
              We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
              November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
            Working...
            X