Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting Help Needed

Woops! I read the post wrong.

I posted about this in another thread but I don't know how to link it.
    The background fabric is to be cut in 7 strips, each 2-1/2" wide, then take 2 of those and subcut to get 8 pieces that are 2-1/2 x 6-1/2". Take the remaining 5 strips and cut to get 10 pieces that are 2-1\2 x 20". Cut 5 strips, still background, that are 4-1/2" wide and subcut to get 10 pieces that are 4-1/2 x 20".
    The 1/4 yd cuts are your other fabrics. She calls them 1a - 5b. You cut 3 strips from each fabric that are 2-1/2" wide and then cut them to get 6 pieces of each fabric that measure 2-1/2 x 20".
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Thank you. I cutting them correctly now.

Comment

vchale,
        Thanks so much for breaking down the cutting chart step by step for me. This is my first quilt to actually cut the pieces myself. So far my adventures have been the self binding baby blanket. There isn't that much cutting involved. This was a bit anxiety producing for me to cut. I didn't understand the chart. Thanks so much for breaking it down. I DID IT !!!!! YEAH!!!
        Cindy

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown! It was helpful for me as well. For some reason I was scratching my head over that chart. After reading your post I was happy to realize I could use a stack of fat quarters that I've had sitting around FOREVER.

Comment

I've received my fabric set and love the colors, but I don't know which color is #1, #2, etc. I understand that darks are "a" and lights are "b". I assume the white is the background. Is the larger piece of blue print for the binding? I'm sure this info is out there somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Barbbob, yes the white is the background and the extra piece of blue is for the binding. All the colors for "a" and "b" strips are the same size. You have probably already read in some of the discussions that you need to cut carefully as there is no leeway for error. I also have the kit and the colors are fun. Can't wait to see what comes next. Have fun and enjoy the adventure. Sharon
              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Barbbob, I asked a similar question of Heather and she said the # of the color isn't crucial right now but you need to decide on which you would like to be #1, #2, #3 etc before we go much farther. Hope this helps; you can see my ? and her answer on the thread 'anyone having trouble'

Comment

see...y'all are wonderful! thank you for answering. barbbob...hopefully this was helpful!

Comment

thanks for the answer to my question as well, what do we do with the extra blue fabric. So far, so good...........I hope..

Comment

Peanuts, the extra blue fabric will be the binding when your quilt is finished. Gonna be a cute quilt I think! Excited to see how it all "materializes". Sharon
                      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I'm so thankful for all of you and for your answers to my question. I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to thank you--I couldn't figure out how to find the thread with my question! You can tell I'm new to all of this forum/group stuff, but I think I'll like it once I can navigate fairly smoothly.

Comment

Mystery Quilt for a Cause - Round 2

About this Group

OFFICIAL CLUE #1: http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Check-It-Out-Clue-1.pdf

For corrections, look for the thread titled OFFICIAL CORRECTIONS

You can find lots of info here: http://land.missouriquiltco.com/mystery-quilt-2/

MSQC is excited to work with Heather Spence (again!) on a special project called “Mystery Quilt for a Cause.” This is the second super-secret pattern project that has a great purpose: helping people fight cancer!

Here’s how it works. Heather Spence (of Heather Spence Designs), will guide you along for six mysterious weeks and you will have a gorgeous quilt top at the end, all while helping those who suffer from Cancer. We can’t tell you what the pattern looks like, but we can tell you the name of the pattern is “Check it Out.”
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 130
                        Comments: 1172

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X