Gravity (Jaybird Quilts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubby & I taking 1st class

It's been almost 4 months since my husband and I both signed up to each make a Gravity quilt. I'm not certain if this is too ambitious, but I love a challenge. I trust the teacher and the support that we receive from our LQS. Since starting quilting in April this year, I have completed 8 quilts, two of them king-size. My husband plans a lot. He designed his first quilt on EQ7. He has made 5-8 sample blocks for colour choices. Now is working on and has done 8 of 49 12" blocks. I think he may be overwhelmed. I will post progress.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8 quilts in 6 months??!! Wow! I've only finished 3 quilts all year. I only finished 5 last year. You are my new quilting hero

Comment

I'm really bit by the quilting bug. I am also one not to keep buying fabric without a plan. So I just have to get down to it. It's my reward for getting household shores done. I can tell you I am getting really efficient at that so I have more time to quilt. Things may slow down in October with craft shows and a new grand-daughter due in Nov.

Comment

I am happy to report that I finished my quilt between xmas and new year. We had fewer visitors as many caught the holiday bug. I brought it to my LAQ on Dec. 30th and picked it up on January 2nd. It is gorgeous. I choose the spirals pattern with battleship gray thread. I will make label and hanging sleeve as I think I may put it in my Guild's upcoming Quilt Show.

Comment

Update: my husband also finished his Gravity quilt. It is at the LAQ for quilting. It may be a few weeks Ashe is busy quilting other quilt for May quilt show. My hubby does not put in show.

Comment

Gravity (Jaybird Quilts)

About this Group

A group for people who want to make the Gravity quilt by Jaybird Quilts. I am super excited - but also super nervous. Hoping to exchange inspiration, insight, advice, etc. from others interested in making this beautiful quilt.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 17
          Comments: 19

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X