Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oopsie!

I had all of my blocks sewn, lined up in order of the book, and ready to square up. I looked in the book and saw 12 inch blocks so that's what I started squaring up to. On the fifth block I was losing points so I checked the book again. Good grief, they were 12 1/2 inch blocks finishing at 12 inches. I knew that but must have had a brain freeze. Thankfully I only have to remake 5 blocks, and I have plenty of fabric left.

I'm going to make my border different than the book. I will have a narrow white border, a scrappy border, another white border and large yellow with white polka dots to finish it off. I ordered the fabric today so it should be here by the time I get everything pieced. I have this on my guild 2017 UFO list so I need to get it done soon to be finished by the end of the year!

How are y'all doing with the blocks? Our group started out strong but has fizzled in time.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

I sometimes find that confusing too, when they list them as finished size, which does not include the seam allowances. Been there, done that. I have been trying to do a block a week, and don't always achieve that, so you are way ahead of me. Please post when you finish, so we can all see and be motivated to finish, too.
    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

I'm glad you discovered that oopsie just five blocks in to trimming. I sometimes forget that patterns vary in how they are written. I'm making my borders like the pattern with the red flying geese and a yellow border using Lori Holt 's baby chick fabric.

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
      Type: Public
      Topics: 45
      Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X