Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

48 members.....

Of our 48 members, who's making this quilt? Just curious........to know how many FGV quilts will enter this world soon as a result of our sewalong. So far, I'm loving mine even though I'm behind about four or five blocks.

I have been making the 6" blocks, plus some of the 12" in civil war fabrics for another quilt. I mostly stay caught up,but took a couple of weeks to finish a wedding quilt so need to get back to it. The 6" blocks are on a design wall that I see every day and they are so bright and friendly that I always smile when I look at them.
    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

I am making the quilt, I live on a farm, which with summer brings life on the farm, milk cows need milking etc. Garden now needs harvesting, canning, getting ready now for school to begin, football. I hope to get back into the swing in November and still finish. It doesn't help a lot of the blocks I am making two, some for the kitchen and the rest for the quilt.

Comment

I am still working on the quilt too! i have a seasonal applique quilt for the fall that I just started working on as well so I am trying to manage my time on both. I love to see the photos of the quilt blocks as everyone completes them but haven't had a chance to send one in recently. Will try to do that soon. Hope everyone is having fun sewing their blocks.
        I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Comment

Plan to make the quilt with the 12" blocks, barn/barn&silo with the 6" blocks. At least that is what I say today.

Comment

I'm making a quilt with 12 inch blocks. I have no idea what I will do with it when it's complete, I have an overflow of quilts in my closet.
            Robin
            My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I just recently got the book. My plan was to work on it during vacation, only I forgot to bring my 1/4 inch foot with me. I did manage to get several blocks cut and ready to sew. I think I'm going to make the barn quilt that has the 6 inch blocks in it.

Comment

In the home stretch, 35 of 45 blocks done, both the 6 and 12 blocks. Can't hardly wait to finish! Now collection reds/grays and blacks to make some barns.

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
                Type: Public
                Topics: 45
                Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X