Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast Approaching Week 20 - Grandma's Quilt

How are you coming along with your blocks? Personally, I'm five weeks behind, but I've done three blocks for future weeks. Tomorrow starts week 20! Almost half way done with our Farm Girl Vintage blocks.

I've been using my Corner Pop ruler by Deb Tucker as much as I can for the "snowballed" corners. I've learned through trial and error that I must reduce the "snowball" square 1/2" to use this ruler, but almost always I end up with the exact size started square or rectangle that I started with which is quite different than when I use the traditional "snowball" method.

What have you found helpful in this process?

I am a few blocks behind. Spring has sprung on the farm and I am trying to do some sewing for the motor home before memorial day but am hoping to catch up soon.

Comment

I think I only have 7 blocks to go! I have to get my quilt done early so I can get it back from the quilter by the middle of November. It's on my UFO list for our guild and has to be totally complete before I can enter it!
      Robin
      My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Yeah! Finally back on track.

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
        Type: Public
        Topics: 45
        Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X