Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Heaven PDX
    replied
    My Farm Girl blocks were put aside for a few weeks to finish other projects. I find once I get going I like to make a few blocks at a time, so I have made a few 'future' blocks too. Thanks for the tip about Deb Tucker - I have watched a few Youtube videos and am trying out the Wing Clipper ruler. I would love to try a Block Loc ruler for Flying Geese - but they are expensive and I can't decide what size to get. Deb's ruler is more flexible since it covers a variety of sizes. Another favorite ruler is the Creative Grids Quick Trim / Circle ruler. These rulers have a grip on the bottom so they don't slip as much. Now that it's warming up, it's harder to find inside time for sewing. Those flying geese for the binding need to get done though! I have the colored squares for the sashing.

Leave a comment:

• sassyfarmchick
    replied
    Hello everyone!

I too, have been at a few retreats recently. I've finished a couple of things that I've been working on for a very long time, but haven't been very faithful to my Vintage Farm Girl blocks. Time to get back to it for me! (Before spring work gets going here and I'm in the field. I wish I could take out a computer from the tractors and install a sewing machine!)

Leave a comment:

• KaylaWalker
    started a topic Checking In

Checking In

I've been admiring all the pictures of quilt blocks. Thanks for posting. It sure gives me inspiration. How's everyone doing with their blocks? I'm lagging slightly behind, but plan to catch up real soon. I've had a busy spring with sewing retreats. I don't normally schedule so many this close together, but I just couldn't resist this time. The highlight has been a retreat this past weekend - Deb Tucker was the guest speaker and we all had a wonderful experience in her class and trunk show. If you haven't experienced her tools, I encourage you to visit her on YouTube.
Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
Type: Public
Topics: 45
Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X