Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is going to sew FGV blocks today?

This girl!

I'll be joining five friends today at the local quilt shop (where I teach). We are going to work on our FGV quilts. I'm excited to be able to spend five hours making blocks. My goal is four blocks!

Happy Saturday!

Wow, that is a great goal! I am much slower than that. But I tend, especially with 6 inch blocks to cut an eighth big, starch and then re cut, to get better results until I get better and more sure of myself. I still have problems with points but I do love how she tells you measurements after each step, truly helps beginners like me. I hope to do a little, I have mostly been working on blocks for the kitchen and not as much for the quilt. I hope to do block 9 for kitchen and quilt today, I already have it cut once.

Comment

That sounds like fun Kayla! I caught a cold a couple of weeks ago and I am trying to catch up on a couple of blocks which I plan to work on today. I finally have a full day devoted to sewing. I will post a photo as soon as I finish some more blocks. Sweetiepie, hope you had fun working on block 9, I hope to work on that block later this week.
      I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Comment

Lacey, thank you, I fear, I didn't get very far yesterday, I got side tracked looking up information on how to make wine. I have 21 gts of grape juice from grapes last year sitting in my pantry and lots of grape jam still from the year before, so I need to do something else with my grape juice soon before next season is here with more grapes. I am not much of an alcohol drinker because my stomach says I am not so I will see what I can do with it. As a grape juice it is bitter.

So I hope to work on block 9 today.

Comment

Sweetiepie, that's a lot of grape juice. Do you grow the grapes yourself? I tried growing grapes a couple of years ago but they didn't do well. Maybe the climate here isn't very good.
          I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Comment

Yes, I have two Valiant grape vines on the farm. They are rated for zone 3. I am glad I didn't plant more.

Comment

i am behind as i am working on a Quilt of Valor quilt as part of my local quilt guild. Hope to catch up soon.
              Wendy
              http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I got one big block done and am working on the 6" one today

Comment

I don't want to admit how far behind I am. I got the first one done, but want to do it over because I didn't use enough colors. In January and February I was between two hospitals (three hours apart) with my mom and my husband. He had two surgeries in two days and has had a very slow recovery so very little time to sew and lots of time of me being a caregiver. He has been my caregiver for 3 years, so I've had to learn how to cook all over again. (and do dishes, do laundry, and make beds, and drive to run errands, and....)

Then when I thought I had some time to sew doing visitor gift bookmarks for church my sewing machine decided to throw a fit and has to go to the shop tomorrow.

The good news is that I have several blocks all cut out and ready to sew so I don't think they will take long to sew. And then I'll be all caught up. My husband likes to come and sit in the sewing room and keep me company and he's finally able to go down the stairs. He helps with the fabric colors because he is much better at that than I am.

*WHEW*

Nancy
                  Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

Hi Nancy. I am so sorry to hear about your difficult months. Sewing would not be a priority! I hope your DH continues to recover. I have remade several blocks because I struggle with colors and patterns too I hope your days become less challenging and you stay in the sew along. Cheers -Leslie
                    -Leslie

Comment

Wow, Nancy you sound very busy. I have to admit, that even though we just had another blizzard, I am getting spring fever and loosing the want to quilt. I have been working on sewing motor home curtains instead. I am hoping things settle down for you soon. The blocks are not to time consuming to sew. Cutting is probably the longest. You should be able to catch up at any time. I am very bad at color selection too. That's why I love it when others do share their blocks it helps me to learn so maybe, just maybe I can do better.

Comment

Hello ladies! I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still here. I'm looking through your lovely blocks and will be catching up soon. I'm finishing a big custom order bed-sized quilt, and when it's done (I'm finally on the binding!)...I'll get caught up here. I love seeing all of your blocks. <3
                        Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                        Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Hi, Summer. Thanks for checking in with us. We've missed you!

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
                          Type: Public
                          Topics: 45
                          Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X