Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 6 - Canning Season - February 6, 2017

I'm excited to make this block. I spent many days with my grandma and mom in the kitchen canning fresh vegetables from our gardens.......memories.

I managed to catch up on my blocks yesterday, picked out colors for this one and have it all cut and ready to sew today, I too am excited to make this one.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I had a little time and "sewed ahead" on this block. I have to say, the six inch block has the tiniest pieces I have ever worked with. The snowball corner squares on the bottom of the jars are only 3/4". I have thought in the past about trying a miniature quilt - I feel like I have now!
      sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

You do have it now! We will all be profs at tiny piecing when we're done with these blocks!

Comment

Well, I was excited about this block until I started it! These 3/4" corners are persnickety! I will likely have to do this one over and I'm not even done with the first one. I love using my Corner Pop Ruler to "snowball" corners, but unfortunately.....the ruler does not help with corners this small.

Comment

This wasn't my favorite block either.

Comment

Completely agree. My experience too. Fun to pick the fabric and not fun to piece the tiny squares. Love everyone's photo shares
              -Leslie

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
              Type: Public
              Topics: 45
              Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X