Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is ready for February blocks?

Can you believe it's time to start our February blocks? This month, we are on track to complete the following blocks:

Canning Season (week 6)
    Chicken Foot (week 7)
    Churn Dash (week 8)
    Cool Threads (week 9)

I am ready for more blocks but not for February. February means seed starting, and egg incubating and that means life is soon to get busy. I like my quiet time.

Comment

Yesterday, I cut fabric for week 7 and 8. Trying to step ahead before life gets busier. The hardest part has been choosing the fabric/colors.

Comment

I'm so glad I've joined this group. I didn't know about Lori Holt til I saw this, even though my quilt shop has all of her stuff, and I've been using the fabrics. Everything is so fun! I've never really gotten crazy about other fabric styles like batiks or Civil Wars although I do love them and have used them. This is perfect for me! And, I'm a farmer, so, perfect. I'm getting a bit obsessive on this stuff, as if I need more in my sewing room! I painted the room on Saturday, and am making curtains now. And then I'll need things on the walls. These blocks will be perfect for that! Hoping everyone else is having as much fun as I am. Thanks so much for facilitating this, Kayla. Love it!

Comment

SassyFarmChick, welcome to the group!

Comment

Well, I actually did it! Spent some time working on these blocks today and I just had to resort to breaking up my beautiful fat qtr bundle. I bought Chloe's Closet bundle and it just looked too cute sitting on my shelf to break up. Started using up scraps and left-overs until today, the Cool Threads block has the first of this pack.
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I'm going to have to start over. I've made three 6-inch blocks but unfortunately those tiny pieces are too much for me. I'm off to try a few in the larger size.
              Tammy W.

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
              Type: Public
              Topics: 45
              Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X