Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 3 - Baby Chick Block - January 16, 2017

Have you seen the adorable yellow baby chick fabric by Riley Blake? It's perfect for this block. It is one of Lori Holt's Calico Days fabrics. I used it for this block and I also will be using it for my outer border.

I wish I had baby chicks fabric, but alas I'll have to use something else that is yellow.

I've got all my background cut, and I'll be making a chart for anyone else to use. So in a couple more days I'll have 3 blocks made and background cut for all the rest.

Nancy
    Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

I loved how the Baby Chick Block turned out, easier than I anticipated.

Comment

What type of thread/floss is everyone using for the hand embroidery on blocks like the chick? I've never done hand embroidery.

Comment

I am using some thick stuff that was left to me from a lady who passed away. It doesn't have any label on it and I don't like it so I am trying to use it up. Sorry I can't be more help.

Comment

Can you believe we are already in week three? Look at all the adorable quilt blocks we've made! They are all super precious and our quilts will be adorable. I'm going to a sit and sew today and I plan to start making my flying geese fir the first border. I doubt I get all 106 done because I like to visit with everyone so it's hard to stay focused.

This week is the baby chick block!

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
            Type: Public
            Topics: 45
            Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X