Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week One - thanks for sharing pictures and tips

I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's blocks! I spent a few hours yesterday cutting out pieces for the next several blocks. Since I'm making two of every block, I have twice as much cutting. It also helps me be more productive when I actually sit down to sew. One thing I've learned through this process......I've grossly over estimated the amount of fabric I need for this quilt. Oh well, I'll have extra for another quilt in the future.

I did something yesterday that I've never done before. I dusted off my heat press (rarely used) and heavily starched with Best Press each of my blocks. I love the way they turned out. I'm hoping this will keep them from fraying a bit until I can get them into a quilt.
Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
Type: Public
Topics: 45
Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X