Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishing - Second Border - 106 1.5" x 2.5" Flying Geese

We will be making 106 tiny flying geese for our second border.

If you want to make them throughout the sew-a-long rather than wait until the end to make them all, you can make three per week and have them all done within the first 45 weeks!

Have you ever used Deb Tucker's Wing Clipper to make flying geese? I don't make them any other way!

https://youtu.be/nC_svbxufpE

What's your favorite method for making flying geese??

Comment

I make them as she does in her video, but I don't use her tool at the end to trim. I just do it with a square-up ruler.

Nancy
      Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

I made 70 of my flying geese today. Only 36 more to go.

Comment

I haven't started on my flying geese yet. I have been slowly painting my kitchen and working on these cute blocks for curtains, table runners and hoping to put up the clothes line of pot holders. Really liking the idea of decorating with something I can just throw in the washer instead of dust.

Comment

That's a great idea.

Comment

What is your favorite red fabric and favorite color? I use both Moda and Kona solids - but have not made anything with a red. This week my LQS red selections were either too pink or orange. I am waiting for restocking to buy fabric for the Flying Geese border. And am very interested in learning what other quilters like. Is anyone going to use a red print instead? I just bought some of Lori Holt's new collection red cherry fabric - that might work nicely too.
              -Leslie

Comment

I used Moda essential dots. It's red with small white dots.

Comment

Thank you Kayla. That is a fun choice. I might use a print too. I also found some Moda and Kona reds online to look for at my LQS next visit. Hopefully they will be in stock. I need to get going on the flying geese.
                  -Leslie

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 45
                  Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X