Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6" or 12" Blocks

The Farmer Girl Vintage book gives patterns for two sizes of blocks. Are you planning to make the 6" or 12" blocks?

I plan to make the 6" blocks.

I am planning on the 6 inch as well.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I am making the 12 inch blocks.
      Robin
      My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I would like to make the 6" but I don't think my hands will handle that. So 12" blocks it will be.

Nancy
        Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

I haven't decided yet. I was thinking that the 12" might be easier for blocks using techniques I'm not as experienced doing, but that would I haven't done the math yet on quilt sizes. Although, using some for pillows might be fun. Oh decisions...
          Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
          Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

I have been working on, as I get some free time, 6" blocks but I think I may make some 12" also, I want to frame some of the kitchen-y ones and make decor for my kitchen/dining room.
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I think I'll do the 12 inch. Not sure I'm ready for all those small pieces in the 6 inch blocks!
              Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have been looking through the book, and I may end up making some of both. I really, really like the Quilty Barn Quilt, with the 6" blocks on the sides of the barns. I am not sure that all the blocks will go in the same quilt at this point. Hope that doesn't disqualify my from the group!
                sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

Cowgirl quilter, you are welcome to join the group and make any blocks you choose to make. There are no quilt police in this group. Haha. I happen to have a barn quilt on my bucket list and have been admiring the barn block patterns in the book. This past August, I was at the retreat center and made my way down to the Penney's shop for some solid fabrics. They have a barn quilt hanging near the register. I'm pretty sure it was made from patterns collected from several shops along Hwy 36 in Missouri. I fell in love with it that day and it has been on my mind (and now my bucket list) since then.

I can't wait to see your blocks!

Comment

Both 6 and 12 inch blocks so I can also consider making the barn blocks.

Comment

I love the barn blocks. I am planning to make the top in the traditional FGV blocks and make some of the others for part of my backing.

Comment

I plan on making the 6" blocks.

Comment

Tough choices, I just saw the cutest quilt done with both 6 and 12 inch blocks. So maybe I will do that, do the animals in 12" and others in 6". I am loving all the choices.

Comment

The 6 inch will be challenging for me, but I'm going to try.
                            -Leslie

Comment

I have not participated in any group quilting before. I think I signed up for this but where do I go to check for sure? I already have the book and plan to make 6" squares. Do we choose the blocks we want to do or do you choose them? Thanks

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 45
                              Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X