Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sew-A-Long Structure

Good Morning (or afternoon) depending where you sew in this world. I'd like to build some structure around the sew-a-long, but not "sew" much that folks feel pressure and discouraged if they fall behind because we all know life happens, right?

I'd like this sew-a-long to wrap up within a year (2017) and there are 48 blocks. As a group, we will work on one specific block per week - each Monday a new block (beginning with the first block in the FGV quilt sampler patterns in the 6 or 12 inch size) with the understanding some participants may fall behind and need an encouraging boost to catch up or may move ahead because they found some extra sew time.

This way, all blocks will be completed in 48 weeks leaving 4 weeks remaining in the year for sashing, quilting, and binding. My thoughts are.....I don't want it to drag on where folks lose interest over time and I don't want it so fast paced that folks get discouraged. Bottom line, individuals may work at their own pace and simply use the group to share, get help, encourage others, etc., but there will be structure for those that work best with deadlines (like me). I'm not opposed to folks working out of order or even adding different blocks. There are no quilt police in my world.....I've certainly been known to do things differently.

Happy Sewing,
    Kayla

Sounds like a good plan. I have print out the organizer you provided the link to so I can keep track of completed blocks.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I printed the organizer, and my book came from Amazon yesterday.

Comment

Woohoo!! I'm glad you are getting ready. It's going to be sew fun!

Comment

My book came today and I love your plan. I can't wait to get started. Thank you for setting this up.

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage Sew-a-Long / January 2017

About this Group

This group will be our meeting place for a sew-a-long for Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. We can use this meeting place to share our blocks, ask questions, seek help, and encourage each other.

I'm excited to get started with these blocks and hope to meet others interested in the same.

Now is the time to get your book and fabrics together for a January 2017 kick off!
          Type: Public
          Topics: 45
          Comments: 167

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X