En Provence - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltalong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have learned sew much!

This process has humbled me a bit concerning my quilting skills. I am self taught and had no idea you could take two 3 1/2 inch strips and making a 3 1/2 inch hst. I learned about paint chips, wow, purchasing fabric without all your swatches is precise and so much easier. Learning the triangle in a square was a new block for me, and something I will use in the future. Have you quilters learned a bit from this process? The scrappy aspect of the design of it all is fantastic. My worst problem is working my own design of a quilt only to get a good ways into and then run out of a particular print that is retired/discontinued which stalls the quilt. Her way, if you run out of a color it is not a big deal as the scrappy-ness helps control the not-enough-fabric issue.
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Ditto!
    I couldn't have said it better.

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

Comment

... And that's why Bonnie Hunter Mysteries become so addictive!
      I learned accuracy, value, webbing the blocks (for final assembly) and the scary on-point setting (in last year's pattern, Allietare).
      Then also, sewing along with thousand of quilters around the world is great fun.

Comment

Good morning all, and Merry Christmas. Just taking a few minutes before dog walking and then off to a Christmas lunch. Don't plan to stay long, and my contribution is already finished. So no stress and no worries. Yes, Deegles I too have learned a lot from this MQ. More than I expected, really. I didn't realize Bonnie's approach, as you point out, making HSTs, would be so different. To my mind, that's good, and it certainly fits with her philosophy of scrap use. I like the shading and depth of color her designs show off, so I sure hope mine turns out that way. I find the frugal way appealing. I have had the 3 in 1 color tool for a while now, and so the paint chip method wasn't as novel to me. I bought into that after taking Joen Wolfram's Craftsy class. Dry, but very packed with info. Very excited to see what's coming next Friday and hope we are digging in to the yellow and green. So glad I joined in this MQ.

Comment

Yes I am learning so much, and the reason I decided to do the MQ. I plan to get her book and do last years MQ too. I will be sad for this to finish, so nice work with everyone doing the same thing.

Comment

En Provence - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltalong

About this Group

For anyone working on the En Provence mystery quilt. Share your fabric choices and pictures of your quilt as you work through the clues.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 28
          Comments: 235

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X