En Provence - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltalong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clue 5

3.5 inch datk purple and neutral HST. 64 of them!

whooohoooo, I hope I have enough purple
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

toooo EZPZ but i guess its good since i have a long drive to deliver christmas presents to gbabyson1 in Palm Bay tomorrow ...... will make these up in the morning
      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
      hugs, Suzi
      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I'm so glad this one will be easy!
        I'll just cut 4" squares to make two HST's.
        If my fabric was larger, I'd do the 8-at-a-time HST method.

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
        The Farmmyfarm

Comment

I am going to do the magic 8 too. I may even get to work on them tonight for a bit. Only doing half the number, it won't take long.
          I was hoping for a different color.

Comment

I was wrong about predicting the color, too. I just made mine with the Easy Angle ruler. I am running out of variety in my dark purples and, more worrysome, in my neutrals.

Comment

I am a little behind. I've got my clue 4 pieces cut, but not sewn. Maybe a bit of time this afternoon to run them through the machine. If I get my baking done. Rest of the food is prepped for the oven. I do have enough dark purples, but I don't know how much I started with. A lot because I got some fabrics on a deep discount sale and I bought 1 yd. pieces. No worries there, but I want to keep the variety of neutrals going throughout the quilt if I can and I may run out of some of the prints. Of all the problems to have, that is probably the best one to have. Lourixe, did you buy more neutrals when Bonnie told us EQ7 underestimated the neutrals? And still low?

Comment

I am not low in quantity, but in variety. I didn't count how much neutral fabric I had before I started, because I pulled out scraps and strips I had saved for such scrappy projects. I have several yards of plain white and plain cream to use in this or in future projects, but I almost finished the printed scraps with light backgrounds I was mixing up for this quilt. It might be the perfect excuse to go fabric shopping

Comment

You know we will encourage you to shop for more fabric! I have enough purple but didn't want to cut into my larger pieces on the last clue but will this time for the HST so I can do magic 8, that could make it where I don't have variety on my neutrals...... I didn't even think about that. Midge you will have enough time one the holiday passes. I think I will miss not having a clue every Friday.

Comment

Lourixe, you are approaching a fabric emergency and you have every right - no, a duty to go shopping

Yeah, as soon as Christmas Day itself hits, the pressure is off. I'm not concerned about catching up. And I'm loving this project, too. I see now why people on Bonnie's open studio get so excited to start. Can't wait for the reveal.

Comment

How big are the starting squares for the crazy eight method?

Comment

8 3/4 if my math is right (haven't made mine yet) you can't go to craftsy for the tut.

Comment

Thanks, Carah.

Comment

Well I'm really far behind, cut part of 1 and 2 looked at 3 and printed the rest. Once company leaves and I have the energy....guess what I will be doing?

Comment

8 3/4 give plenty of room to trim.
                              I bet all of us will work to get caught up after the holidays, enjoy your family.

Comment

En Provence - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltalong

About this Group

For anyone working on the En Provence mystery quilt. Share your fabric choices and pictures of your quilt as you work through the clues.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 28
                              Comments: 235

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X