En Provence - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltalong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rulers

I'm a bit confused about which rulers we need for this mystery. I have the tri recs ruler, but not the Easy Angle or Bonnie's new tool.

Do we just need one that makes half and quarter square triangles and the tri recs? Can someone explain?

I'm a little curious myself. I don't have the easy angle, but I do have a bloc-loc. Likewise, I don't have a tri recs ruler but I have a similar ruler that does diamond-in-a-rectangle that I might be able to finagle into working.

Comment

this is why i love our forum groups! I too am having a hard time spending $22 on a new acrylic ruler. I have the tri recs and the easy angle / companion rulers and I know how to make hsts and fgs by the flocks so i will wait for the clue before i decide if i really really need it (unless of course one of children buy it for my upcoming birthday next week - hint hint - in which case i will use it ) hahahah - is it friday yet???
      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
      hugs, Suzi
      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I don't have the easy angle or companion rulers......if you do, what are they used to make? I may have something comparable. I love Deb Tucker rulers and have them all. I wonder if any of those will work.......thoughts?

Comment

I agree with you all. I am reluctant to buy anything else for one quilt (potentially). I also think that the blog post she titled Intro was pretty unclear about the ruler issue. I don't have the Easy Angle or the Companion Angle rulers, and I definitely don't want to buy two. I do have the Tri Recs set, and I have the 6 1/2" quilt in a day brand triangle square up tool. I can't tell either, and I too am going to wait to learn more. Is it just me, or are other people resentful of marketing descriptions of rulers that don't specify what degree Angle the ruler is?

Comment

It would certainly be a helpful number to have.

Comment

The easy angle is for making half square triangles. The companion angle ruler makes flying geese. Bonnie's directions in the past gave instructions how to use them. But she always says "Make X number of units using any method that gives you the correct finished size." You could look at the rulers in your LQS and see if they're similar to what you already have. Or maybe just google them.

Comment

QuiltsRfun is right - BH says in her intro to do what you know and use what you have as long as the unit come out the right size

I have decided since i am using stash fabric i will be also using stash rulers! hahahha
                Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                hugs, Suzi
                http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I second Pdjewelry, I plan to use what I have & worst case I will borrow a ruler from my MIL if it is needed. Pretty sure this is how she has drawer full of them.....

Comment

I'm waiting too. I love Deb Tucker rulers and own most of them. I'm familiar with them and hope I can use them for this project. We will see...... worst case scenario, I have to get a different ruler to get the job done! I'm all for having the right tools in my shed, but don't necessarily have to have all of them, if something else works just as well.

Comment

I have tri recs and will use the F&P half and quarter ruler for the rest.

Comment

Since I was able to pull fabrics from my stash and not buy fabric, I decided to splurge on the tri recs rulers and the easy angle companion ruler. Bonnies ruler sold out so that is why she recommended the easy angle companion. Because I got in on this ruler when demand was low and supply high, I got it for only $8.99 on amazon. I see now they have went up in price by a few dollars. I figure I can use these ruler for other things and I bet she has a trick up her sleeve for a clever way to use these rulers for us angle challenged people.
                        Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes, any ruler that will get the job done; and Bonnie did say if you didn't have her new one you could use the Tri Recs.

FYI -- C&T Publishing's Black Friday special is/was 30% off; if it's still going on, they have Bonnie's new book and ruler!
                          Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                          http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Tri Recs is not the substitute for Bonnie's rulers. It's the Easy Angle and Companian Angle rulers that do the same job. Bonnie's new ruler combines them both into one.

Comment

En Provence - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltalong

About this Group

For anyone working on the En Provence mystery quilt. Share your fabric choices and pictures of your quilt as you work through the clues.
                            Type: Public
                            Topics: 28
                            Comments: 235

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X