En Provence - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltalong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Colors-What do you think?

What do you think on my colors? The yellow & pink bother me but I'm not sure.

so pretty - the little ballarins slippers are so cute!.
    posted mine ..... need to do some lavender shopping before we get started! hoooray for a "reason" to fabric shop!
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I like your colors too, are you using the top tree print as your neutral

Comment

no fabric at the top of pic (might) be used in the backing
        Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
        hugs, Suzi
        http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
        it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Lol I haven't thought that far yet!

Comment

Loving everyone's colors! I have my paint chips, but that's as far as I have gotten. I started Grand Illusion, but didn't like my fabric choices - I went too bright, so I still have pieces and parts lurking around. Loved last years but was chicken to try it. Wanting to join in this year.
            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

My picture is really bad for color, but I pulled all of mine from stash. I am going to change my magenta to a non-batik because I had purchased the batik for a border on something else. I'll also add a few purples, a green, and a pair of yellows. Now I'm really excited for the first clue!

Comment

I have a few of the colors but will need to go shopping......Darn!!

Comment

Darn I hate that you have to go shopping~ Try to only buy what you need

Comment

Your colors look nice!

One of the first fabrics I pulled from my stash was purple with fuschia flowers on it, so I'm kinda using that to calibrate my pinks, purples, and greens. And I have a whole bolt of magenta pink that my mom gave to me (since it's not a color she uses) so this quilt along will be perfect to use some of that up!

Comment

I noticed after I posted my pictures my fabrics were seen with a different light and then I pulled better choices from my stash. I am utilizing my fossil fern box nicely for this mystery.
                      Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

This is my first mystery quilt. My stash is mostly civil war colors (jewel tones, etc.) I'm seriously thinking about using a different set of colors for my fabrics. Has anyone ever switched up the colors and been happy with the results? It's so hard to know without seeing the pattern and color placement ahead of time.

Any tips about using different colors are appreciated. If I use the paint chip colors, I'd be starting from scratch buying fabrics for this quilt.

Comment

Kayla from my understanding you can change out colors if you pay attention to the contrast. I believe it was on Facebook that one of the ladies took the original colors, turned it to a black & white photo while doing the same with her new choice. I hope one of the others can explain this better......

Comment

Thanks, Carah.

Comment

Kayla, I'm using different colors this year. I saw some fantastic quilts in alternate color ways for last year's mystery. Like you, I wanted to use stash fabric. In putting mine together I tried to pay attention to contrast and value. I tried for the same value in the substitute as Bonnie's colors and looked for colors that contrasted well rather than blending together. This is my fourth Bonnie mystery and I've learned something with each one. Maybe this year it will be about color choice. Whichever way it goes, it will be a lesson, right?

Comment

En Provence - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quiltalong

About this Group

For anyone working on the En Provence mystery quilt. Share your fabric choices and pictures of your quilt as you work through the clues.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 28
                              Comments: 235

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X