Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for Blocks

Hi Everyone,,

It's raining today in Gimli, MB so a good day to think about quilting.

I have an idea for our Canadian Blocks....what if each of us do blocks that represent where we live?

In the town where I live is a fishing town with a Viking history....also a strong Icelandic heritage.

Let me know your thoughts??

Have an awesome Sunday.

Kim Schau

Kim
    I llove your idea...not sure quite how I would depict "the Thousand Islands" area, but I'm sure I could come up with something.
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

German settlement here. Oh the possibilities.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I've been thinking and thinking about this. I come from the home of Wayne Gretsky and also where the first phone call was made. So I guess a hockey stick or a telephone would do. I've tried to find some telephone squares but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know where I might find something along that line. Maybe paper pieces.....
        Kelly

Comment

Nana Kerr, that is a cool idea. Oh I am liking this more and more.

Comment

You could always applique your telephone.

Comment

Monique I'm just not sure where I'd find a pattern for a phone. Any ideas?
              Kelly
              Kelly

Comment

Google images: https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&s...30.xplRDUhFVe8

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&s...ephone+outline

Comment

Thanks Monique. These are really helpful. Peggie also sent me some suggestions. Decisions....decisions.
                  Kelly

Comment

Canada 150th birthday - 2017

About this Group

In this group, you can post your blocks, thoughts and quilts that you are making to honour Canada's 150th birthday. Are you using the Canada 150 logo? Just for fun and ideas.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 9
                  Comments: 25

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X