Canada 150th birthday - 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian block swap?

Just throwing this out there. There was once a Canadian Block swap many years ago here. It was fun. It maybe time to do that again in preparation for the BIG one next year. Any thoughts or interest?
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Not sure how that works Monique but I would be willing to join in as long as we don't have to do too many blocks. I think it would be fun and I am planning on doing something to commemorate our birthday year. Won't be around for the next one likely.
    Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

LOL, that sounded a bit like gloom and doom. Usually we only celebrate every 25 years so it is unlikely I will still be quilting in 25 years. That would make me 87. I hope I am.
      Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Nancy, it depends on how many people want to do the swap. If you have 12 people for example, then I would say make 2 blocks for every person, so 24 in total. That would give you a good size lap quilt. One person is the coordinator, receives all the blocks, and redistributes to all participating. That is the gist of it.

Comment

Count me in. Lots of time to plan & work ahead.

Comment

I would be interested in joining the group. It was alot of fun with the last one we did.

Comment

Is it too late to join? I was just introduced to the "Discover Canada" line and think it is great for a Canada 150 quilt.
              Peggiep
              "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Never too late to join. The group swap has yet to be determined.

Comment

Glad to hear that I am in! Looking forward to participating.
                  Peggiep
                  "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Hi ladies. I'm new to the group and still not exactly sure what to expect but really would love to join in the fun.
                    Kelly

Comment

Canada 150th birthday - 2017

About this Group

In this group, you can post your blocks, thoughts and quilts that you are making to honour Canada's 150th birthday. Are you using the Canada 150 logo? Just for fun and ideas.
                    Type: Public
                    Topics: 9
                    Comments: 25

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X