365 Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centre medallion and strips

How many are still doing this and are you keeping up. I'm still about 2 weeks behind but looking forward to doing the strips for around the medallion and those 4 corners. The 4th corner looks like it might need a bit of patience to get it right. It seems a bit odd to be working with these big pieces after the 3 1/2 inch blocks for so long. Looking forward to seeing some of your photographs. I'll try to make a dent in my back log this weekend too.

Hi Bouse, thanks for posting. I am still woefully behind but I intend to keep doing it. I don't want to tackle the corners until I get some practice in on those mitered corners. I'm hoping they are not as bad as I'm imagining they are. Would love to see others progress, too.
    Cindy

Comment

Hi Bouse - I'm still hanging in there and have got the 4 centre corner blocks to do. It took me 4 hours yesterday to make the first corner block and then I didn't like it!! Rather frustrated. Patchwork for me is therapy so I had a bit of a laugh when I reflected on that.

I'm seriously thinking of using all the offcuts from the HSTs from the border strips and doing my own thing for the corner blocks. Will see how the days goes. Must post some pics. I've done all the other blocks - but not much else happens in my house.

Comment

Hello Bouse, Well I'm still chugging along. Haven't done any of the Mitered squares, working on center and the 4 corners. The Mitered corner ones, I think what I'm going to do is repeat other easier squares. No one will know but me, this IS challageing. I've only been quilting for two years, doing blocks, 3 months! LOL
        Maureen 

Comment

I'm a relative newbie to quilting too Momama. I started doing some blocks last year but they were 12" blocks. Not these tiny little things. It's a great opportunity to learn a lot of new techniques though. I really loved seeing the attic windows on this forum and had a notion to buy a panel. Having tried to do the mitres, that notion has gone but at least I hadn't spent money on a panel yet........

Comment

Bouse, have you seen this Attic window tutorial from Jenny at Missouri Star. No mitred corners. I love this quilt it is very effective.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-vzI0Jp3ak

Comment

I'm behind, I think I'm up to March 17 th. I've got no free time next week, but hope in a few weeks to have whole days to quilt. I've been trying to catch up a block at a time when I get a second, only to be rushed and end up making mistakes. For me , some of these blocks require more concentration for the mitered corners, so I'm going to wait until I have more time to really do a block correctly. I'm sure I will catch up, but it won't be until the end of April by the look of it. Ugh.

Comment

Don't stress Meghan, you have all year to catch up.
                Susan

Comment

Ok, So many many have changed their blade, turned cutting mat, change needles yet? I'm doing mat and blade now, getting bad cuts, guess it's time!
                  Maureen 

Comment

Meghan,we're in this together. I am currently working on Mar 12. I will finish this one tonight and hope to start the miters tomorrow. On the 3/11 one, I put one of the sawtooth rows on the wrong way. As of now, I don't plan to fix it. My basket looks drunk!
                    Cindy

Comment

Hi all! I am still doing this challenge, but like many of you I am behind. I had some other projects that I needed to work on, went on vacation, and I am also doing the Splendid Sampler, two blocks a week for a year (behind in that too!).
                      I am doing two colorways on this challenge. I am up to March 11 and March 25, I am not stressing and just try to get a few done as I have time. Hugs to all!
                      April

Comment

Good news- I'm done with the end of year taxes, so aside from washing some clothes finally ( lol) , I'll be sewing and catching up on almost a months worth of blocks. Call it binge sewing! Lol.

Comment

We'll need to see some evidence in picture format Meghan. I'm hoping to get the corners done and then I can put my centre together. I'm loving the little blocks this week too though. After all the big blocks recently, these little ones go together so quickly.

Comment

This week's block have certainly been a sanity saver. So tempted to start them together around the centre but I'll try and resist that temptation. I'm going to get behind this coming week as I'm off to kiddy sit. Hopefully there won't be any more difficult ones next week.

Comment

We have trips planned for the next 3 weekends so I've come to a screeching halt again. Hopefully, the weekdays in between will allow some time.
                              Cindy

Comment

365 Challenge

About this Group

This is a group for all quilters taking part at the 365 Challenge. Please open only a new thread in this group, if you cannot find one with the right theme. Have fun!
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 29
                              Comments: 461

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X