365 Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six inch blocks

Is anyone making some of these multi-piece blocks as six inch blocks instead of three inch blocks? I'm thinking about making a six inch block in place of four three inch blocks if they have a zillion HSTs in them. Otherwise, the blocks tend to get very thick and bumpy with seams and that screams nightmare for long arm quilting to me.

Today's block gives me shudders and I've been thinking how nice it would look as a 6" block!! It's only 6am downunder so I'll think about it for a while.

Comment

I haven't made any blocks larger yet although that might be a good idea. I made all the blocks just the way they were sent, but I totally agree that when it comes time to quilt it's going to be another challenge. I'm getting a huge kick out of tackling these complicated tiny blocks. Makes me feel like I'm really accomplishing something..
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

So far I have made two blocks 6" instead of 3" because I found sadistic working with finished 3/4" HSTs. I will do the same with today's pattern. My quilt, my rules!

Comment

How have you been enlarging the blocks and keeping them to scale?
          Jeanne in MN

Comment

Jeanne - I've been drawing up the blocks on 12" x 12" graph paper. I've also coloured in the various hsts and squares to hel distinguish what's where. Chris

Comment

That should be help not hel!!!!

Comment

OMG have you guys seen today's block (12/3)? Thank goodness it's a 6" block!

Comment

I have a feeling that if I ever finish this quit, I will never do a half square triangle again. At least not any that require a magnifying glass to see what you are doing.

Comment

365 Challenge

About this Group

This is a group for all quilters taking part at the 365 Challenge. Please open only a new thread in this group, if you cannot find one with the right theme. Have fun!
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 29
                  Comments: 461

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                    Willcox and Gibbs
                    by chelea
                    Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                    November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                  • KPH
                    My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                    by KPH
                    Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                    November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                  • KPH
                    Secret Santa Arrivals
                    by KPH
                    Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                    November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                  • Monique
                    It has arrived
                    by Monique
                    My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                    November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                  • KPH
                    New Leader needed for 2021
                    by KPH
                    We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                    November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                  Working...
                  X