Suzanne's 2022 List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzanne's 2022 List

Actual list o follow shortly... Some of these I started late in 2021 and others are still bubbling in my head.

If I finish the assigned month's number, I will work on another UFO or WIP OR just get easily distracted by another new quilt.

2. Wine bag for Heather
    3. Skyline Quilt (UFO)
    6. Quilts for Cédric / Patrick / Michael
    7. Ribbon Star - Cottage Blue (WIP-started Oct '21)
    8. Christmas Wreath quilt (Done- top)
    10. Dresden Quilt (to make)
    12. Star Quilt with KT fabrics (to make)

Quilting to be done on Long-Arm (& other stuff)
    - Jelly Roll Race (top done in 2021)
    - Native quilt (top done in 2021)
    - Victoria Quilts (Done -6) (on-going)

Wish list to use up fabrics in my stash *:
    - STASH BUST - layer cakes JR, FQS 👍👍👍👍
    - Fall Leaves quilt (to make)
    - Canada 150 & US Applique blocks
    - Jason Yenter fabrics - in the Beginning (33x 1/3m)
    - Tula Pink FQ bundle
    - Laurel Burch fabrics
    - William Morris yardage
    - Dance of the Dragonflies
    - red /white windmill fabric quilt
    - African blue fabrics
    - reduce amount of children & baby bins of fabric
    - stacks, roll and yardage of Ombre fabrics
    - gray/neutral shades quilts
    - Quiltworx leaf patterns
    SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; Yesterday, 08:27 AM.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

My #8 top is done. I started a just before new year's day and worked on it during zoom on-line guild sew day on Jan 1st, and yesterday I finished piecing it. I have just a thin strip of the turquoise fabric, and just had enough to make binding. I think I will back it with a turquoise flannel, if I have enough and I want to try and do some custom quilting.

The fabric is from Makeover UK, the wreaths collection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP-wreath-closeup.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	2021249 Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP-wreath-Top.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	2021250

Comment

It's not a quilt or a big finish, but it is one of the nagging little projects that I agreed to do for someone in spring 2021. The fabrics just sat there, starring me in the face every time I sewed. Much like masks or mending, I had no desire to do it. I had to get this weight off my shoulder -- figured it's what has been weighing me down.

It's done and will be in the mail today. I need to learn to say "let me think about that" then follow by a quick NO. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220108_175906.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	2022034

Comment

It is cute and I am sure the recipient will love it. I also have to learn that lesson as well.
      Wendy
      http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

So in the past few days, I have quilted, attached binding and label on 2 VQC quilts. Another member and I are challenging ourselves in January to see who gets more done. I will pick up some tops tomorrow. I have batting and flannel backing. And January is not over.

Update -- I quilted another VQC top. That's 3 for January. & another, that's 4.
        SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; January 16, 2022, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I have quilted another 2 VQC tops on the LA this month -so total 6, and one loaded ready to go. Here are some of the tops (made by our group).

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	2025087 Click image for larger version  Name:	Sue2022-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	2025088 Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.13 MB ID:	2025089 Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	2025090

I have been working on Diamond Dash pattern with Star Wars layer cake -- oh I thought it would be good, as I wouldn't lose too much of the print -- but it is so busy. I have decided to try and pair some of the same fabrics together so it's less of a hodge podge. I thought this one would go fast, but I find that I have lost some of my piecing speed. I need to square these blocks before assembling the rows. I hope step son likes it, probably will as he has worked on many Star Wars movies.

Also making progress on the ribbon star with cottage blue fabrics -- doing this one on the featherweight.

Comment

• chelea
            chelea
            chelea commented
            Editing a comment
            Good reminder...I had been trying to rotate through my machines to give them a workout but have gotten lax lately.
        2022  Get them finished

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) or WIPs (work in progress) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2022? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2022.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
        Type: Public
        Topics: 18
        Comments: 65

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X