December's number is .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December's number is .....

Well -- I had to look but December's number is 10. Some of you may already have it finished -- so this 'free month' to work on what your heart desires.

Let's see how we can roll up our sleeves and get it (or another one) finished in 2020. Let us not suffer any longer from MPD. I think this might be the photo for 2022 group. What do you think?

Click image for larger version  Name:	CrazyQuilter.jpg Views:	36 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	2014435 Click image for larger version  Name:	MPD.png Views:	15 Size:	345.4 KB ID:	2014436
    SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; November 30, 2021, 08:28 AM.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Woohoo! Well, not exactly...my #10 isn't even started. I have 5 projects left on my 2021 list and I'm aiming to get 2 of them finished by the end of the year. Not too bad. I've been a little distracted by my Gypsy Wife UFO (which isn't even on the list) since the class, which was interrupted by Covid, has resumed. That, a little Christmas sewing and finishing my cross stitch sampler started in 1988. How's that for a UFO?

Suzanne, I LOVE that photo. Did you mean 2022? Here's a little food for thought re: multiple project disorder. I recently heard a cross stitcher talking about being a monogamous stitcher, meaning you only work on one project at a time and finish it before starting another. Crazy, right? Hahahaha. Well, I always thought that was the way to go with quilting too, to not have any UFOs and in fact, that's what I did in my early years of quilting. Then I started the UFO that went on for about 8 years, and I wouldn't allow myself to start another quilt until that one was finished. So for 8 + years, no quilting occurred because I just lost interest in that quilt. Then the first grandkid came along. She needed a quilt. So I pushed myself to finish the 8 year old UFO so I could start her quilt. Question: if I never became a grandmother, would I have never made another quilt, ever? So my message is: keep your creativity flowing, even if you start a bunch of projects. If you're an artist, it's healthy and necessary to keep going. While MPD is a serious diagnosis, it isn't fatal 😉
    Michele
    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yes I meant 2022 -- so distracted sometimes. Best of all, I can change it.
      It's so true -- I also didn't want to have UFOs and thought what are those people thinking, so in the first few years, I actually finished a lot more quilts -- probably cause I was stubborn with myself. I've cut myself some slack and allow myself to work on multiple projects -- keeps life interesting.
      Would we eat the same food and leftovers for a week, just because we didn't want to start have another dish. I think not. So we can still have leftovers another day.

I not only haven't finished #10, I still have one item left on November's list -- this is the only time this year that I hadn't cleared the list by now! I know that wouldn't have happened without this group . . . and I have one more day to finish, right? This has been a lot of fun, thanks for all the organization and encouragement!
    Gail, Mid-Michigan

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Great job. That is super -- I think I just got very distracted with my "other wishlist items". Some of the items on my list are still not started. Once I cut the fabrics, that's when I get to them.

Chelea, you need to take a photo of your finished sampler! I can't wait to see it!

I have a version of the UFO disorder in that I feel guilt over not finishing things. I vowed not to be like my mom, who started so many projects and then bailed on them, including making me a Lamb Chop stuffed toy which I'm still disappointed about not getting, at 60 years old! I was really fired up about Lamb Chop and Sherri Lewis on TV as a child...also Topo Giglio on Ed Sullivan. Well I am still a sucker for puppets. I just love them. The puppet show is my favorite part of The Sound of Music. But I digress...

I am over half done on my Victoria Sampler Silk Wysteria gazebo (which is apparently how it is spelled in Canada and it's a Canadian company.) Thus I am pretty sure I will finish it this year which will make six out of twelve on my list accomplished! I'm proud! Also I am going to change the Sue Spargo wool applique to a different pattern of wool applique, maybe a tree of life. So I'm feeling positive instead of unenthusiastic about that project now. I'm feelin' good! and thankful for this group!

Comment

2021 Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2021? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2021.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
    Type: Public
    Topics: 37
    Comments: 500

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X