November's number is ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November's number is ....

We are running out of numbers -- so I asked hubby to pick either 2 or 10 -- of course without any preamble and he has trouble picking ... just pick I say.

OK -- number 2

I'm running out of excuses why I don't want to make #2. It's a simple bag for a friend, using a small wine panel block. If I wait long enough, she will be on her way south for the winter -- and I can delay until she returns in the spring. Or I could just get my act together, and get it done quick so she could bring it with her.

What's your number 2 project? Have you finished it now and working on another.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stand By-Snack.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2009700

Snack ? Wine - yes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Quilt-Wine.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	2009701
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

There isn't much left on my remaining numbers since I'd done much of it during the year. But as luck would have it, I started work on the #2 flannel and denim quilt this morning, long before you posted the number, so I am on task! I am already working on my list for next year, this has really helped me get a lot more done than I wanted to, lol!
    Gail, Mid-Michigan

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not surprised you are getting caught up -- you've had so many beautiful finishes this year. My list for next year will have many from this year, which were substituted with other projects that needed precedence.

Hi everybody! I enjoy reading your updates!

I am having good success at stitching my Halloween sampler but I did not quite get it done for Halloween. I think it will be done in a day or two. I have a bit more to embroider and then the beads to sew on. I have the frame from Goodwill spray painted black and I have the black matte board on hand to put underneath it. I got the hardanger strips finished with difficulty. I find the herringbone stitch confusing and there was single and double herringbone involved. I also had some trouble counting and cutting the horizontal threads. Plus I had to pick out half a moon that I did in the wrong yellow color thread by accident. I didn't catch that it was the wrong yellow until I held it up and it was lighter than the previous stitching and in snipping it out I accidentally cut the linen ground fabric and had to weave a new strand in. It was a pain!

Anyway, the past few days have been difficult but all the stitching earlier in the month was fun and went smoothly. It helps that I actually made this pattern before for my cousin. I've given her a couple of things that I now want to make for myself I feel good about my ability to accomplish that as this group gives me focus.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      I am amazed and so impressed with all the cross stich projects. I so admire them, but my attempts at this craft in the past failed miserably. When we had craft shows, I always came with a piece or two. I can't wait to see your finished project.

Woohoo! My #2 is one I finished a couple of months ago. It was one of the UFOs carried over from last year's list and I wanted to finish those up first.
    I've slowed down with quilting lately. We spent 3 weeks in St. Maarten in October so to stay productive during that time (and because I can not NOT sew) I took along my 40 year long cross stitch project. I'm very close to finishing it so quilting is taking a back seat for now.
    Hopefully a couple more projects on my list will get completed this year but I already know 2 won't. They're a little more involved so will move to next year's list.
    On a happy note, it looks like they may have found a buyer for my LQS. It's still in the early stages so it might take a while. It will most likely be a lot smaller shop but that's ok, better than none at all. I stopped in the other day after coming back from my trip. It was hardly recognizable with all the remaining fabric moved to one corner and the rest of the space open and cavernous. So sad. Ah well. We have a couple of Saturday afternoon open sews coming up this month where I'll be able to work on my Gypsy Wife quilt (they call it something else now) again for the first time since the pandemic shut down. And that will do it. The shop closes at the end of this month. What's that saying....when God closes a door he opens a window, but it's up to you to find it....
    Michele
    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

• kimsophia
      kimsophia
      kimsophia commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my, is this the Colonial Williamsburg one? I can't wait to see it! What an accomplishment! That is a long, wide sampler!

• chelea
      chelea
      chelea commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, one and the same! I am back stitching the bottom section. There's a sort of blank section about 2/3 of the way down where, in the original sampler, a verse was stitched and also the signature/date. I started to think about stitching something there but honestly, I'm so done with this already. So I think I will find an appropriate font and just add the date and my initials.

I'm so impressed with everyone's finishes!! I added a small mini to my list. I may get something else done still before Christmas, but sure not where I had hoped to be.
    Hike ~ BC, Canada

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

2021 Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2021? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2021.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
    Type: Public
    Topics: 37
    Comments: 500

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X