October's number is ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October's number is ....

Oops I almost forgot. October has just snuck in and by the way, where did September go?

So that leaves ..... 2, 7 & 10. Let's toss those around, and go for the middle #7.

I might actually get to this number which is using up some of my Jason Yenter fabrics to make a quilt top. I have had one in mind for over a year, and maybe it's time.

Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; October 1, 2021, 08:51 AM.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Perfect! I have a couple of Christmas decorations in my #7 list and was wondering whether they would come up in time to make them for this Christmas . . . since they didn't get done for last year!
    Gail, Mid-Michigan

Comment

Woohoo! My #7 is the Moda quilt-along I just completed. Last Sunday I brought the quilt to my LQS (which by now, everyone here has heard me crying about it closing Dec. 1). They have a board which they keep updated with how many more quilts they will accept for long-arming. Mine is #16, whew, I made it just in time. I'm going to name this quilt "My Happy Place" to remind me of all the hours I spent in that shop, stitching away with friends and shopping to my heart's content.
      Michele
      ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

I hit a dry spell...my mom is leaving for 2 weeks..I'll be alone.hoping my mojo will come back. Been crocheting alot. I hope to complete some projects!!!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          I would love to have 2 weeks at home alone. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for. That would not be a good thing.

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol Daniel was teasing me ..saying I need a babysitter. He's not loving I'll be here alone haha I'm so boring though..I'll be [email protected]

I have a lot of UFOs so I am hoping that this is the group for me. I would like to work on completing my list:
        1. Seamless Serenity - a Joann BOM. Top is done Backing needs to be cut and pressed. Need to buy a mailing box and send it to a friend who will longarm it.
        2. A little quilt (26x26) called a "quiltie" for the guild.
        3. Jelly Roll 18 - 20 blocks to be made.
        4. Garden Walk - to be sandwiched.
        5. Seeing Stars - to be sandwiched and quilted QAYG into King Size quilt.
        6. Hungarian Quilt - top to be sewn.
        7. Wickedly Easy Quilt - top to be sewn.
        8. Boys of the Bible - top to be sewn.
        9. Cash & Carry Kit - to be sewn.
        10. Aqua Terra Quilt - rows to be sewn.
        11. Turning Twenty Quilt - rows to be sewn.
        12. Boxy Quilt - to be sewn.

That is my list of 12 UFOs. Now how does the random number work? How do I know which quilt to work on for the rest of this month?

Comment

• Wishaway
          Wishaway commented
          Editing a comment
          October is #7.

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the forum and this group!

Thanks for keeping this rolling! Don’t think I’ll make any progress on my #7 this month between limited sewing time (full time job), and finishing a quilt I volunteered for a silent auction, which I need pictures for by November 1.

the whole name of the game is continuing to make progress, so I’m right on track. Now if I could only slow my brain down a bit so my sewing could keep better pace with my ideas…🤣

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          We all have to get through our daily lives, and sewing / quilting is a bonus and a luxury for many. And volunteering does seem to be part of a lot of quilter's time.
          Agree -- progress and keep on moving is key. You'll get there... one day, it's not a race.

I'm still plugging away on my Halloween sampler, one strip at a time...it's much easier this time as I've made one before but gave it to my cousin

Comment

So far this month I have managed to quilt 2 Victoria quilts and a queen size card trick quit for a friend. I have to cut the latter type of quilting, since it takes away my own time to quilt. I do like doing the VQC tops as these are an easy size to load and quilt, and benefit so many people who are going through cancer treatments.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

My #7 isn't happening now. No surprise there! Lol. I will either work on a Christmas mini, mama's wallhanging or Jamie's bed quilt. Since I'm avoiding hubby's quilt and don't know what I'm doing for mama's wallhanging yet, it'll likely be the Christmas mini. Lol.
            Hike ~ BC, Canada

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

2021 Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2021? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2021.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 36
            Comments: 460

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X