September number -- starting to run out of #s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September number -- starting to run out of #s

Last day of August -- where has it gone? September is here, hopefully it will bring some cooler and less humid days.

So it's a toss up of numbers remaining -- 2, 4, 7 & 10.... I asked hubby to pick from one of those and he picked

Does this number bring you joy, hope or inspiration? I hope so, for me as well. I haven't been sewing much this summer, and September is when I usually start to crack the whip and get more energy.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Woohoo! Thanks Suzanne!

The September project brings me lots of joy because I'm putting the binding the last quilt today. My #4 was a pair of baby quilts...one is finished and the other is hours away from being finished. I had to put these at the top of my list because the babies are here so I needed to step on the gas. I dislike sewing with a deadline. I was pushing to get them done in August so I'll be burning the midnight oil if necessary.

My next order of business is to finish up January, haha. Just needs a binding. All in all, I'm happy with my progress this year. I took a little detour with the Moda Bakeshop summer sew-along. I had the fabric and decided at the last minute to jump in. I really enjoy the format of getting one block a week to work on, then we post them to the Facebook group for everyone to ooh and aah over. Very fun. I've also picked up my 40 years-and-running cross stitch sampler which I hope to complete in my lifetime.

I'm already thinking ahead to 2022 sewing. With most of my 2021 projects wrapped up, my inventory of pre-cuts will have dwindled to almost nothing and they can just sit in my stash until inspiration hits or I take them apart to use elsewhere. So the 2022 list might be projects that I'd like to explore, like maybe a medallion quilt, or a whole appliqué quilt, or a series of mini quilts or playing with scraps. We'll see.

Happy September everyone! Hope it's productive!
    Michele
    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      You are on a roll. Great job tackling a 40 year old project. Its a worthy one for sure, and a legacy.

This group has been so helpful and I am also thinking ahead to next year's list! I barely squeaked by with August's tasks but somehow having them on The List forced me to get them all done, and I am sure September will be the same. Even though my 2021 "oomph" is on the decline, the list has somehow kept me on task. Bring it on, September!

Comment

My number 4 would bring e Joy and memories. It is a red/black quilt in an oriental theme. I purchased the material back when I was in Taekwondo. Good memories and friends from that time. Not sure if I will get to it but we will see. I am slowly getting back into a normal day. Puppies are getting used to a 2-hour time in their kennel every day about the same time. Hoping that gets them into a routine. So far so good.
      Carlie

Comment

I would love to get some more work done on my #4; I got bored back in the summer & cut out the templates & fabric fo my appliqué pieces, and got them fused back in early August. I want to finish the edges with satin stitches, and add a border, which should be pretty easy. But I have two other projects in the works (neither of which were on my list last winter 😂), so I’m going to try to make more progress on those. Though that #4 Valentines quilt is calling to me now…lol

Comment

I think I might change one or two of my numbers next year -- to reflect fabric buying time. There seems to be months, I don't sew, but I buy fabrics for the winter.

Like recent hauls in August - September. Sadly 2 LQS are closing so I could not pass up specials. The last one I purchased 10 fabrics for a total of 31+metres.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PickleDish-MSQC.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	2003704 Click image for larger version

Name:	QuiltBees3.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	2003705 Click image for larger version

Name:	QuiltBees2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	2003706

Comment

• chelea
            chelea commented
            Editing a comment
            You've got some lovely fabric there. I see a Morris print in there, love that.

Going back to work severwlygot me off track, but I did get 12 Secret Santa projects made and a few other things.
          Hike ~ BC, Canada

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Well I've made 2 trips to the LQS an hour away that is closing. Last week prices were $8/m, and she is closing this week -- fabrics $6/m and flannels were 8.25/m. My GF & I were 3-4 in line to get in when it opened yesterday, and I grabbed the only remaining bolt of Maywood Woolies flannel -- its was a dark molted green, and I bought it all. I also got some very nice Andover, Makeover UK and quality cottons. I picked up more Glide thread and Marty Martelli batting tape.

I have been making progress on my native top and I hope to have it done before the end of the month.

Comment

I too have been making multiple trips to my LQS during the retirement/store closing sale. I won't go on the weekends anymore...it's like a mad house with so many people, and the store fixtures being carted away. I find it so unbelievably sad. It has always been my quilting happy place, where I've taken all my classes and sew with the charity group. It's such a wonderful spot, in an old brick mill from the 1800's which makes it all feel even worse, like the end of an era. Right now, the regular fabric isn't on sale, other than the usual weekly specials and the bargain hunter's corner. I think she's trying to keep it open for awhile, until her staff finds work elsewhere. It's fine with me, the longer she drags it out, the better. Right now just trims and foam are on clearance. I picked up lots of zippers at 40% off and some trims on the bolt. The company manufactures trims so I wanted some full bolts with the company name on them as keepsakes.
              Michele
              ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

2021 Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2021? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2021.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 33
              Comments: 417

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X