August's number is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August's number is.....

........ well, I rolled the big bouncy dice and August's number is 3. I hope it's a good number for you, and if you've already done it, you can certainly work on another project. What will you be working on?

Well I guess it's time for me to pick up a quilt I started a few years ago and set aside. It's called Skyline and was supposed to be for my son, but he got another quilt. I know it will be a nice quilt, and by the time I am done, it will have revealed to me where it where it wants to go home with.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

A big woohoo for August!! It's one I've already finished so I'll go backwards and work on one of the months that I didn't complete. Thanks Suzanne!
    Michele
    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

Thank goodness I have most of #3 done, because I am still behind on July's projects!! The August number turned out to be a definite help for me!

Comment

Well, #3 is to quilt and binding a quilt that isn’t finished yet…🤪. Guess I’ll keep working on it!

Comment

My number 3 is actually a cross stitch that I’ve had for probably 20 years. I’m not sure if I will be able to work much in it. I’ve not been able to get to my sewing room since mid May as I have two active pups that I’m trying to train. They are coming along well but I don’t think I can take my eyes off them for too long. Maybe I can set up my hoop stand and work a little here and there. We will see. Dave is busy remodeling the patio so I can’t work out there. In a couple of months I won’t have to be so concerned about potty on carpet as there will be no carpet on the patio. It’s quite a mess right now. Hope all is well with everyone.
          Carlie

Comment

I just had a thought -- maybe I need to change one of my numbers to buying fabric.

That's all I seem to have done so far this month. There's a LQS that is closing, and every week, they announce a new category of fabrics on sale. So I have trekked there every week, and helping them quite a bit to empty their shelves. They don't announce the sale item until the morning it opens, problem is that by the time I open e-mail and drive there 30 mins away, there have already been at least 20-30 people ahead of me. Changing strategy Monday -- drive there for 1/2 hr before it opens, and see what sale is. I'm guessing next will be the wide-backs or basics (or colors that read basic). If you finish the bolt, you get another 5% off, and if you pay cash or debit, another 5% off. So good deals, and nice quality fabrics.

Wish me luck on Monday.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Go for it! Lol. I love a bargain and sale, I hope you score well!

• chelea
              chelea commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck! I'm visiting my DD in VA this week and, against my better judgement, I plan to visit her LQS which is in an old log cabin and has the sweetest ladies who work there. I always treat myself to something pretty that I really don't need, haha.

So my #3 was a set of Christmas table runners that I pieced & started quilting back when I first started quilting. I haven’t touched them in 3 years, and found I had no interest in touching them again, and no idea what to do with them when I did finish them. So change of strategy - my guild takes UFOs, so I just donated them😆 When I finally dug them out, they’re not nearly as bad as I remember them, so hopefully someone likes what they sees and adopts them.

In any case, I guess the spirit of the finishing group has been fulfilled, if not the letter!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm sure someone will love it!! I may do this with my beginner class quilt once I dig it out, lol.

• chelea
              chelea commented
              Editing a comment
              At least you dealt with it and it is no longer a UFO!
          2021 Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2021? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2021.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 32
          Comments: 370

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X