.... and JULY's number is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... and JULY's number is.....

Hi everyone, I cant believe its almost the end of June and half of 2021 is over. Where does the time go? I'm not sure, but maybe there's a black hole where I've travelled through time too quickly. Any hoot, its time to designate a new number for July's UFO or WISH LIST Projects.

No fancy picking this month, just a paper draw. July's number is number 11.

What do you think? Can you do it? Going to swap for another number? Go for it, but remember to just keep on quilting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mistake-style.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1990886
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Thanks Suzanne. Usually I say woohoo! Not too happy about my #11, haha. It's my oldest UFO, a BOM wall hanging that will be paper pieced. I've been putting it off for years and years. Of all my UFO's, this one is the most likely to be pushed into 2022. Once I start and get my head wrapped around paper piecing again it should be smooth sailing.

My list looks like I haven't accomplished much but that's not the case. I now have lots of works in progress, lol. I have 3 quilts totally finished, 2 quilts that need just binding, 2 that need quilting and one I'm still piecing, so pretty happy with my progress so far.
    Don't know what I was thinking but I started the Moda summer sew-along. It's just one block/week, 12 blocks total, so very do-able. Just to shake things up a little.

Last edited by chelea; June 29, 2021, 10:44 PM.
    Michele
    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

Thank you! I think I am slowing down a bit as the year goes by! I still have about two simple seams to sew on my last project (a pillow) from last month's list and have been putting it off for no good reason. Hopefully I will bring a greater energy to July's tasks! I will be sticking to my list, modifying it as I go. This has been such a helpful method for me!

Comment

😬 My #11 is a new quilt for my youngest son. Since I have 3 in the works, and I don’t even have a plan for his, this one will likely get pushed to the end of the year. I also feel rather guilty since this will be the 4th quilt for him, and I haven’t made one for my oldest son. However, I have made 3 for his son, my grandson. Does that count??😂. I’m trying no to have too many tops in progress at the same time. I hate the quilting part, and don't like to get a stack of tops to quilt. I did that years ago and swore I would NEVER do that again!!! So now, I try to have 2 tops in progress along with a hand piecing project. I don’t get overwhelmed that way. Happy quilting to everyone!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you. I sort of made my #11, which was using up flannel squares. I have others that need to be pushed up the list. Eventually they will get done.

I wish I could get excited about the quilting piece. Truth be told, it's my least favorite thing to do, so I quilt by checkbook if it's anything twin size and up.
        After I get through this year's projects I don't plan to make quilts larger than a throw size any more if I can help it.
        Michele

Comment

I just edited my list to show a completed task and the system flagged me as spam. This new website is going to take a lot of getting used to!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Editing a comment
            This is one more website that I cannot view very well on my iPad. I can't post on it to the forum or Facebook anymore. Thankfully I can use my laptop.

Thanks for keeping this rolling! I didn’t tackle last month’s number, but did finish piecing a new quilt-top (and my first triangle quilt - all those bias seams made me nervous, but I’m proud of the way it turned out).

As far as July’s number goes, you must have been receiving my brain waves…this is just the project I need to work on this month. We’ll be traveling soon, so I will spend at least half the month without my sewing machine, so it’s time to break out my EPP project again! I’ve pieced all the stars, just need to connect everything together. I hope to finish piecing it by the end of the month.

Comment

My number 11 is the complete the Happy Birthday table runner that I started a few years back. I haven’t been able to do any sewing since we got the puppies on May 20. They are doing pretty good but I’m not comfortable with leaving them along and with carpet in my sewing room not a good idea to have them there to any length of time. Still I do hope to do some sewing later this month.
            Carlie

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Editing a comment
              I don't blame you -- they need to get trained and "civilized" before they can be left to their own devices. Better to take time with the pups now, than to seek remedy later.

I just thought I would check in to see what everyone is up to. I haven't worked on much this June-July due to procedures and cataract surgery. The weather has been a bit more forgiving so far, and have spent more time outdoors.

I continue to work on QAYG hexagon quilt --probably have over 120 blocks sewn together, and more ready to add.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Mdtrimble
              Mdtrimble commented
              Editing a comment
              We’ll, I may not have finished my EPP project, but I’ve made a bunch of progress on it! I’m really pleased to see how it’s progressing, and hope to have the quilt-top ready by the end of August.

I'm hand stitching the binding on a wall quilt, have 2 baby tops that need quilting after that and also received the 2 I sent to MSQC for quilting that now need binding. So lots and lots of hand sewing is in my future. I enjoy the whole binding process and the thought of having 5 finishes in the near future makes me very happy.
            Last edited by chelea; July 22, 2021, 12:47 PM.
            Michele

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Editing a comment
              That is great progress. I love hand sewing too now. I find it relaxing.
          2021 Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2021? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2021.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 32
          Comments: 397

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X